Location: DRC Aden
Report to: HR Officer
Background and purpose
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmes include protection, livelihoods, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others. DRC Yemen has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. DRC has mainly focused on refugees and migrants displaced by conflict and natural disasters.
Under the supervision of HR Officer, The HR Assistant is responsible for performing general human resources functions, and play a key role in the overall HR functions including staff recruitment, contracts preparations, staff leaves/attendance and time-sheets tracking. The HR Assistant plays a key role in supporting DRC Yemen, Sana’a program’s staffing needs and works closely with HR Officer to comply with Programme and Operations requirements.
- Compilation of Administration and Hunan Resources Key Performance indicators.
- Ensure that all office systems and equipment (power, water, telephone, photocopier, fax, etc.) are in good working order.
- Assist in ensuring staff compliance with human resources polices, as per DRC’s HR manual.
- Responsible for the office supplies.
- Ensure that leave, recruitment and training trackers are updated on a regular basis.
- Monitor staff attendance and ensure that all staff timesheets are submitted and filed on time.
- Assist in communicating with interview candidates and scheduling for tests and interviews.
- Prepare employee contracts.
- Maintain confidentiality and safety of all personnel and recruitment documents.
- Responsible for ensuring the following are accurate, complete and up to date: -personnel files, administration of health insurance scheme, social security,
- Assist managers and staff on effective performance management and administer the collation of performance management documentation
- Ensure new staff receive an appropriate orientation and induction.
- Ensure clearance and debriefing is carried out for exiting staff.
- Any other related duties as /when assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
University degree in a relevant subject; at least one years of professional experience in a similar position; good command of English (written, read, and spoken); good computer skills (MS Word and MS Excel); able to work under pressure; excellent organizational skills; excellent, interpersonal and communication skills; experience and willingness to travel to field offices; relevant NGO experience is a preferable.
Terms and Conditions
The proposed employment conditions are based on DRC policy and Yemeni labor law. The selected candidate shall perform his/her duties in compliance with the DRC Code of Conduct and procedures at all times.
CVs are invited at below link by the 19th December 2017. Please mention your name in the uploading CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency of the position, a candidate may be identified through rolling interview and may be offered the position before the closing date.