Community Mobilization Assistant
Under supervision of community mobilization officer, the community mobilization assistant will work on implementation of SCI community based activities related to health and nutrition program, plan and monitor community health and nutrition activities with close supervision for community health volunteers. Closely work with mobile team leaders to respond to the need of the community after carful assessment for what is needed by the community.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assist the community mobilization officer to collect and compile baseline information on social, economic, and health parameters of the project areas and come up with community based program profile.
- Under the supervision of community mobilization officer, develop clear work plan for community health and nutrition activities, and share it with community volunteers.
- Provide technical support for community volunteers on community mobilization.
- Coordinate with field team, community volunteers, and community, and partners and assist them in developing high quality health education sessions.
- Help the community health volunteers in organizing community meetings, workshops, and campaigns.
- Assist the community mobilization officer in resolution and management of the relevant community conflicts over common issues related with the project.
- Regularly monitor field activities, maintain working relationship between team member and community.
- Assist the community mobilization officer in design and plan for all type of Campaigns and help in conducting assessment and surveys as needed.
- Assist the community mobilization officer in organizing trainings and exposure to improve knowledge and skill of the project communities and volunteers to deliver high quality community based activities.
- To participate in developing Community volunteer guidelines in accordance with Ministry of health policy.
- Document and share lesson learnt achievements and successes from the field.
- Review the monthly community mobilization report compiled by community volunteers, and give feedback to community volunteers & the field team.
- Develop monthly narrative achievement report & submit for community mobilization officer.
- To conduct monthly meeting with community health volunteers to discuss all related issues and to put plan for the coming period.
- To take any other relevant task given by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant university diploma.
- Extensive work experience in Social work with focus on community development and mobilization.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, Diplomacy, Capability to create strong relationship between among all teams members.
- Strong presentation and computer skills in MS word and excel.
- Self motivated.
- Strong training facilitation.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options, and follow the strategic directions as guided.
- An in-depth understanding of national development issues in particular in relation to maternal health.
- Previous experience of working with a multi-cultural team and the adaptability to varied team dynamics
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English & Arabic .
- Commitment to Save the Children value
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
- All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
- Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: Hodeida.email@example.com
- The deadline for receiving applications is 13/12/2017.