Ended Health Project Officer
Under overall guidance and supervision of health manager, health officer will support the daily operational management of all component of primary health care activities in the assigned region, and provide the technical support for health team, ensure timely flow of information to and from filed, This position is also responsible to monitor and evaluate health services delivery according to national protocol.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure that clinical protocols are accessible to medical staff in the field and support the team and adhered with.
- With coordination with senior managers, ensure that all staff members under scope of responsibility have an updated approved job description.
- Ensure mechanism for reporting within respective health areas is in place and adhered with.
- Ensure a system for monitoring and evaluation of staff's performance is in place and adhered with.
- Participate in developing strategic and operational plan for assigned operational areas.
- With support from health information system officer, ensure that production statistic for health is collected, compiled and reported to senior managers.
- With support from project assistant, ensure proper management of pharmaceuticals and other medical supplies.
- Ensure orientation for the program is in place for all new staff.
- Prepare and submits monthly reports and other relevant reports to senior managers.
- Facilitates in-services trainings for health staff and maintain a record of all trainings conducted.
- Ensure safe, effective delivery of health care to target population.
- Ensure a mechanism in place to monitor and evaluate clinical health services.
- Ensure that reviews for clinical management are conducted at least once monthly and findings from review sessions are incorporated in decision making and planning.
- Ensure that the compliant mechanism is in place and adhered with in all respective health facilities under this project.
- To conduct field visits to all sites of intervention, provide recommendations to be discussed with senior managers and implement the action points .
- With support from project assistant, prepare procurement plan for medical items and process it after getting the approval from senior managers.
- Participate strongly in health assessment and surveys.
- According to the need attending the health coordination meetings.
- Supervise the implementation of PHC activities at field ( treatment of communicable diseases, EPI, RH, ORT, ........)
- To take any other relevant tasks given by the supervisor.
- Participate in recruit and train team members.
- Lead, manage and motivate staff under direct line management, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
Coordination and Representation:
- Attend inter-departmental meetings.
- Ensure effective program integration in the areas of intervention
- Develop and maintain collaborative and effective partnerships with NGOs/CSOs and government counterparts
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Medical Doctor 2-3 years experience in health management or supervisory position
- Demonstrated experience in conducting monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Experience in designing and implementing trainings and trainings of trainers.
- Experience in representation and interaction with partners & government officials.
- Good in English and fluent in Arabic.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
- All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
- Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: Hodeida.firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for receiving applications is 13/12/2017.