Under overall guidance and supervision of health and Nutrition coordination with health manager and health officer, the pharmacist will support the daily operational management of all pharmacies and pharmacists activities in the assigned region, and provide the technical support for pharmacists, ensure timely flow of information to and from filed, This position is also responsible to monitor and evaluate pharmacies in delivery according to national protocol.
In addition, support the program in term of regulating the consumption of all medication items including therapeutic foods equipments
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Management of medicines and medical materials
- Guarantees the implementation and proper use (following SCI and MOPH’s standards) of pharmacy management and monitoring tools (daily follow up form, order forms, etc.).
- Ensures that SCI warehouse are organized and managed properly.
- Strengthening monitoring system for drug consumption.
- Organize the medication inside SCI store to be followed SCI ‘s policies and procedure .
- Participates in the set up of new pharmacies in the health facilities and defines how they should be run.
- Ensures the medication are storing inside SCI store and pharmacies in health facilities based on WHO Organization standard.
- Ensures the information flow the other members of the team concerning stock levels, pharmacy management and prescriptions.
- Oversees the monitoring of equipment with the logistics and finance teams.
- Manages donations and the destruction of expired medicines in conformity with national procedures.
- Manages the emergency stock and emergency boxes (relating to international and national staff health).
- In collaboration with the medical coordinator, defines the contents of, organises and manages the stock pre-positioned in the warehouse.
- Ensuring that narcotics and psychotropic drugs management follows national legislation and enables the traceability of products.
Medical supply and orders
- In collaboration with the medical and logistics team, ensures there is a supply process for medicines and medical material in the project that functions properly (procedures, etc.).
- Communicates regularly with the medical and logistics departments concerning medical supply.
- Guarantees respect of SCI’s recommendations and information process in case of local purchase.
- Basic principle: the medical order must be prepared by the persons in charge of pharmacies in the projects and their health program coordinator, in collaboration with the health officer.
- Assists the logistics teams with customs clearance procedures of medical orders, if needed.
- Ensures that the final version of orders has been sent to the field (lead time, quantities, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Pharmacist Graduate
- Experience in pharmacy management
- Experience in designing and implementing trainings and trainings of trainers.
- Experience in representation and interaction with partners & government officials.
- Good in English and fluent in Arabic.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team environment with all level of professional, technical and administrative staff and to integrate resources on timely and organized basis.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
- All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
- Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: Hodeida.email@example.com
- The deadline for receiving applications is 13/12/2017.