WatHab Engineer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
WatHab Engineer Sana’a
Contract type : Open Ended
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : Sana’a
Announcement date : 28 November 2021
WatHab Engineer 1 plans, designs and implements engineering projects within the scope of the ICRC’s water and habitat assistance objectives with supervision and coaching from their hierarchical superior. S/he monitors on-site works, carries out needs assessments and surveys, and plans new projects. S/he has a close working relationship with external stakeholders related to their projects. In addition, he will collaborate and/or be responsible of the thematic power supply projects and solar system planning, follow up, and decommissioning according to specifications set.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Draws up documents (drawings, bills of quantities, contracts, etc.) for the power supply system and the electrical systems for all Wathab projects using approved formats; monitors project implementation for compliance with project documents, ICRC standards, and local building and electrical codes/standards, ensuring corrective action is taken where necessary.
- Supervises the contractors working on project sites and conducts quality control of infrastructure installed by the ICRC.
- Creates project files in electronic databases (such as the WatHab Project Assistant application) and keeps them up to date.
- Prepares implementation/progress reports.
- Provides regular information to colleagues on security, stakeholder issues and site progress.
- Administers hand-over of ICRC-provided infrastructure to end-users.
- Trains or organizes training for end-users in the operation and maintenance of infrastructure installed by the ICRC.
- Uses results-based management to evaluate project implementation.
- Helps identify needs through assessments and surveys.
- Is responsible for on-site follow-up and basic design of complex engineering power and electrical projects, with supervision and guidance from WatHab Technician 3, WatHab Engineer 2 or 3, Wathab delegate and/or the (Deputy) WatHab Coordinator.
- Works within the geographical remit of a sub-delegation or office.
- Manages technical support staff
- University degree in electrical engineering.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of local language(s)(compulsory).
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English (compulsory).
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of French is considered and asset
- Proficient in use of drawing software if working in construction, and electrical engineering.
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD and MS project-management suite or equivalent (compulsory).
Professional Experience Required
- 3-5 years' professional experience in a related field of activity.
- Good knowledge of water and sanitation or construction engineering.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل