Ended Administrative Assistant
Location of position: El Anad, Lahj Governorate, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has just opened a mission in Yemen and is currently opening a base in El Anad. The mission currently consists of an emergency and post-emergency program with an integrated FSL and WASH approach in the district of Al Qabbaytah, in Lahj governorate.
The position will be based in El Anad.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
Under the supervision of the Administrative Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant will support the Administrative Coordinator in the processing of accounting operations, administrative tasks and human resources follow up, at the base of El Anad level.
List of main tasks:
Analysis of the socio-economic and legal context
- Collect information to update the base market price changes (food basket, per diem etc.)
- Follow the evolution of national laws and policies
- Analyze the information and provide recommendation to the Administrative Coordinator to ensure the compliance of Solidarités International with the requirement of the environment
Administrative management of personnel
- Welcome and participate in administrative briefing of new contractor
- Assist the Administrative Coordinator for the administrative management of recruitment and hiring
- Participate in the organization of training
- Ensure archiving and monitoring of individual dossiers and deliver all documents relative to the professional life of Solidarités International contractors
- Ensure the confidentiality of all HR datas
- Participate in the monitoring of work contracts on the base and inform the Administrative Coordinator when they are due to expire
- Keep the record of the contractor daily attendance sheet and leaves/absences, collect payment details and integrate them into the Human Resources management tools and software (Homere if implemented).
- Draft new contractor’s contracts, amendments and termination documents.
- Issue payment documents and supervise payment of fees after approval by the Administrative Coordinator
- Calculate taxes and duties and create pay records for the relevant organizations
- Keep an organization chart up to date for the base and share it to the Coordination
- Participate in the application of policies relating to salaries and benefits for Solidarités International
- Define the needs of cook/cleaner person at the base level and lead the recruitment if needed
- Train, support and evaluate the cook/cleaner contractor
Treasury, accounting, management
- Supervise the physical maintenance and safety of cash boxes
- Monitor due dates for payments of contracts managed by the Administrative Coordinator
- Carry out and keep the registry pay-outs and advances through cash, check or transfer after validation of the Administrative Coordinator, within established guidelines
- Verify, before recording, that records conform to regulations and procedures of Solidarités International
- Translate accounting documents if necessary
- Record budgetary transfers and keep accounting codes
- Carry out a systematic monthly check or advances from each cash box (matched and unmatched)
- Carry out physical checks of supporting documents from the base,
- Check cash daily box inventories and bank reconciliation for each Balzac and report any discrepancies to the Administrative Coordinator
- Prepare monthly closing, revision and integrity of accounts for the base
- Issue vouchers, ensure archiving of records on a monthly basis according to Solidarités International procedures after a final verification of justification documents
- Participate in audits or any checks issued by partners or head office, at the base level
- Participate in the consolidation of budget follow ups and cash forecasts at the base level
- Exchange currencies at the request of superiors
- Guarantee confidentiality of information
Reporting / Communication
- Support the Administrative Coordinator in relations with administrative authorities
- Report any information or problem related to his/her activities to his/her interlocutor
- Participate in internal meetings related to administrative aspect upon request of his/her interlocutor
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line Manager: Administrative Coordinator
- Line report(s): Cook/Cleaner
III. Profile Required:
- Bachelor degree in: Finance / Accounting / Business Management / Human Resources (or equivalent)
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in a similar position (NGO, private or public sector)
- Languages: English compulsory
- Finance related skills: accounting, tax calculation, administrative management
- Human Resources skills: contract management, payroll
- IT skills: good knowledge of Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power point). Knowledge of SAGA or other accounting software is a plus.
- Personal qualities: self-motivated, rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, enthusiastic
- Native from Lahj or professional experience there would be an asset
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline.
Final date for applications: 23 January 2018