Ended Community Mobilizer Food Security and Livelihood
Location of position: El Anad, Lahj Governorate, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has just opened a mission in Yemen and is currently opening a base in El Anad. The mission currently consists of an emergency and post-emergency program with an integrated FSL and WASH approach in the district of Al Qabbaytah, in Lahj governorate.
The position will be based in El Anad.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
Under the supervision of the Food Security and Livelihood Team Leader and indirectly under the FSL Program Manager Assistant (FSL PMA) and the FSL Program Manager (FSL PM), the Community Mobilizer Food Security and Livelihood will be in charge to create awareness of the Solidarites International programs through targeted communities.
He/she will participate to the collection of date and to the identification of the beneficiaries within the communities. He/she will participate in the implementation and monitoring of activities and assessing new needs.
List of main tasks:
Evaluation / Diagnostic
- Help in setting up criteria for selecting beneficiaries
- Identification of target groups through the communities (women, vulnerable…)
- Collect accurate data’s at the community level
- Assist in conducting baseline, end line / KAP survey
- Report any emerging needs to their line manager
- Participate in settling committees or any other community association
Communication / representation
- Mobilize the targeted communities and create awareness about the program activities
- Listen to complains from the different groups of the communities
- Mitigate problem between communities when it arises
- Analyze actions to be done to avoid any security accident at community level
- Give support for all Solidarités International activities for community mobilization and communication with local authorities, site and village leaders
Implementation and operational monitoring
- Implement the activities at community level: Beneficiaries’ selection, presentation of the activities, sensitization – mobilization, unconditional cash grant, conditional cash grant (orientation of beneficiaries, development and follow up of work plan, technical support and training to the beneficiaries).
- Monitor the implemented activities at household and community level
- Sensitization and training of the beneficiaries (if requested by the Line Manager)
- Assist in conducting post-distribution monitoring (PDM), post-harvest monitoring (PHM) if relevant, and end line and KAP survey to control progress of program and efficiency of activities
- Share with his line manager and / or the Program Manager and his/her deputy every information about security, activities, logistics or administrative issues occurred at field level
- Participate in the preparation of the regular program reports
- Participate to the general program meetings (weekly, monthly…)
- Communicate orally about any important issue in internal staff meetings
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line Manager: Team Leader Food Security and Livelihood
- Functional Manager: FSL Program Manager Assistant, FSL Program Manager
III. Profile Required:
- College Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months working experience in the humanitarian sector, preferably in Food Security and Livelihoods
- Languages: Arabic and English will be required.
- Personal qualities: self-motivated, enthusiastic, professional and understands and believes in humanitarian principles
- Native from Lahj or professional experience there would be an asset
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline.
Final date for applications: 23 January 2018