Team Leader Food Security and Livelihood
Location of position: El Anad, Lahj Governorate, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has just opened a mission in Yemen and is currently opening a base in El Anad. The mission currently consists of an emergency and post-emergency program with an integrated FSL and WASH approach in the district of Al Qabbaytah, in Lahj governorate.
The position will be based in El Anad.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
Under the supervision of the FSL Program Manager Assistant (FSL PMA) and indirectly under the FSL Program Manager (FSL PM), the Team Leader Food Security and Livelihood will be in charge to coordinate and supervise a team of Community Mobilizers in order to set up the conditional or unconditional cash transfer activities.
He/she will ensure that Solidarites International technical recommendations and procedures are followed.
List of main tasks:
Setting up the activities / control and supervision
- Plan the weekly activities for his/her team and have them approved by his/her line manager:
- Plan human resources needs (daily workers, workers...)
- Plan tools and material needs (request from stock)
- Anticipate administrative issues (requests in advance)
- Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means...)
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team, tasks assigned by his/her line manager: beneficiaries’ selection, presentation of the activities, sensitization – mobilization, unconditional cash grant, conditional cash grant (orientation of beneficiaries, development and follow up of work plan, technical support and training to the beneficiaries).
- Keep up to date the beneficiaries data base and prepare the lists and beneficiary/distribution cards.
- Ensure adherence to selection and targeting criteria.
- Take note of any changes in the socio-economic, and agricultural conditions in the area of intervention.
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his/her line manager, as well as Solidarités procedures, are followed.
- Supervise the monitoring of the result indicators: Supervise the distribution process, conduct baseline – end line and KAP surveys, post-distribution monitoring
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her line manager
- Anticipate any problems associated with the carrying out of his/her activity and solve any problem
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions
- Liaise with the population to understand needs, complaints, and major events that may have an impact on the activities of Solidarités International.
- Collect information about the humanitarian situation taking into account the vulnerabilities regarding food security and livelihood of the population
Logistics and Administration
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her line manager and the administrative service
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly
- Track usage with monitoring tools provided
- Enforce safety procedures
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to field sites
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on field site
Reporting / Communication
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request
- Responsible for checking the quality of complete forms/questionnaires and correcting possible errors with the team of community mobilizers.
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her line manager
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made by the team) to his/her line manager
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her project manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line Manager: FSL Program Manager Assistant
- Line report(s): Food Security and Livelihood Community Mobilizers
- Functional Manager: FSL Program Manager
III. Profile Required:
- University Degree or Diploma (Natural resources or related field) or professional experience in Food Security based interventions
- Minimum 12 months working experience in the humanitarian sector, preferably in Food Security and Livelihoods
- Languages: Arabic and English will be required.
- Personal qualities: self-motivated, enthusiastic, professional and understands and believes in humanitarian principles
- Native from Lahj or professional experience there would be an asset
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension.
Final date for applications: 23 January 2018