Ended Hygiene Promotion Officer
Location of position: El Anad, Lahj Governorate, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has just opened a mission in Yemen and is currently opening a base in El Anad. The mission currently consists of an emergency and post-emergency program with an integrated FSL and WASH approach in the district of Al Qabbaytah, in Lahj governorate.
The position will be based in El Anad.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
Under the supervision of the WASH Program Manager Assistant (WASH PMA) and indirectly under the WASH Program Manager (WASH PM), the Hygiene Promotion Officer will implement and monitor Hygiene Promotion related activities.
He/she will comply with the core humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality, humanity and independence as well as with the principles and mandate of Solidarités International at all times
List of main tasks:
Hygiene Promotion Activity Planning and Implementation
- Ensure that assigned activities are implemented according to program work plan and methodology validated by management
- Support the WASH PMA and WASH PM in the preparation of weekly team planning and weekly progress reports
- Supervise day-to-day program activities and report quickly to the WASH PMA in case of problem or change
- Participate to the rapid WASH response when required
- Supervise and provide technical support to the field team
- Monitor work progress, quantity and quality for assigned activities implemented in the field
- Identify problems during implementation and suggest improvements on design and specification
- Make sure that beneficiaries receive adequate technical support during WASH related activities
- Show respect to all stakeholders including beneficiaries, local council, non-beneficiaries and other team mates.
- Always work in a manner which reflects Solidarités International (SI) mandate, humanitarian principles and working procedures, including administrative and logistics procedures
- Report back to the WASH PMA before, during and after the activities and provide any additional information related to WASH activities, security context or any event that may affect Solidarités International activities and security.
- Report every week to the WASH PMA regarding progress on activities.
- Coordinate with field representatives (camp/health facility management, beneficiaries, other WASH actors etc.) where necessary.
- Coordinate with support staff (logistic and administration) + all WASH staff involved in the program.
- Actively participate in Program Meetings and Regular Base Meetings.
- Have and promote a good behaviour on the field as Solidarités International employee.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line Manager: WASH Program Manager Assistant
- Line report(s) one base: WASH Program Manager Assistant
III. Profile Required:
- Minimum 6 months working experience in the humanitarian sector, preferably in Hygiene promotion or community mobilization
- Languages: Arabic and English will be required.
- Personal qualities: self-motivated, enthusiastic, professional and understands and believes in humanitarian principles
- Native from Lahj or professional experience there would be an asset
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline.
Final date for applications: 23 January 2018