Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) Officer
Title: Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) Officer
Project: Food Security and Livelihood (FSL)
Report to: Food Security and Livelihood Coordinator
Level: As per DRC Yemen national staff salary grid
Duration: February to December 2018, renewals subject to funding and performance
Background and purpose
Yemen is caught in the on-going conflict and is facing severe food insecurity. DRC is planning to implement cash for work program in the Musermeer and Qabbayat districts in the Lahj governorate where about 3,000 families will engage cash for work for creating short-term employment opportunities for the IDPs and host communities.
The main functions of the Cash Officer involve,
- Working closely with the FSL Coordinator, the FSL team, partners, and Local Authorities, community representatives to identify and select cash for work project schemes
- Sensitization community people and other stakeholders about project goal, objectives, beneficiary targeting criteria, duration of project etc.
- Assist to cash assistance in community selection, beneficiary selection and registration, preparing beneficiary database, and verification of beneficiaries.
- Preparing ID card for the targeted beneficiaries, formats and templates for maintaining the beneficiary master role.
- Arrange training for the staffs, volunteers, community committee and workers.
- Identify and select cash transfer agents and facilitate to make framework agreement with cash transfer agents.
- Identify cash distribution points and assess the cash feasibility and risk assessments
- Conduct market assessment, need assessment, market monitoring etc.
- Prepare monthly plan, project reports, cash distribution report and monitoring reports
- Assist M&E team in collecting data from the field and preparing reports
- Attend meetings with donors, related clusters, and partners
- Assist FSL coordinator to manage and implement project activities on timely.
- Maintain liaison with cash working groups and cash transfer agents
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in any relevant discipline;
- At least three years’ experience in cash for work/voucher program in a conflict setting is essential.
- Experience in market research and market monitoring
- Very good understanding in food security and livelihoods programming
- Excellent planning, coordination and communication skills;
- Proficient in English & Arabic;
- Excellent skills in MS Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint - to compile food distribution statistics;
- Ability/willingness to undertake frequent field visits and be a team player;
- Ability to work under pressure and insecure environment
Terms and Conditions
The proposed employment conditions are based on DRC policy and Yemeni labor law. The selected candidate shall perform his/her duties in compliance with the DRC Code of Conduct and procedures at all times
CVs are invited at the below link by the 22nd January 2018. Please mention your name in the uploading CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.