Report to: Safety & Security Officer
Duty Station: Al Hodeida
Contract period: One year
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC aims to accompany people on their journey from harm to home
We are actively seeking for a professional, intelligent and high competent security guard to protect our premises, assets and personnel. You will maintain a high visibility presence and prevent all illegal or inappropriate actions.
The security guard will be under the supervision of the security officer.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Guards the office premises.
- Checks generator’s fuel and refills when needed.
- Visitor reception and processing.
- Badge management.
- Visitor escort and supervision (eg contractors).
- Vehicle registration.
- Person/vehicle/property searching and contraband detection.
- Patrolling of buildings and perimeters to detect and deter.
- Ensuring adherence to badge wearing policy.
- Health and safety monitoring and rectification of hazards.
- Fire prevention, detection and first response.
- Enforcing enterprise security policy.
- Control of entrances and movement of pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
- Prohibits all kinds of weapons from entering the office premises.
- Follows up with water tanks and dynamo.
- Maintains a clear schedule of shifts.
- Communicates with the supervisor immediately when issues of emergency occur.
- May be requested to drive when needed.
Required qualification and experience
- Secondary School or equivalent.
- At least four years experience in working as a security Guard.
- Understands English and can speak at least few words.
- Valid driving license.
Desired qualification and skills
- First aid training certificates.
- EOD training certificates.
- Fire-fighting training certificates.
- Any other security training certificate.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Interested candidates should send their CVs and Cover letter in English to Sanaa.firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 25 January 2018 putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted