Food Security Project Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Food Security Project Assistant
Field medical foundation (FMF):
FMF is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio-economic situation in Yemen since 2012.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop food distribution plans and timetables in coordination with district coordinators under close supervision from the food security officer.
- Prepare accurate lists of targeted areas/villages/neighborhoods for food distribution with detailed justifications in close collaboration with the district coordinators, under close supervision from the food security officer.
- Assist food security officer indirectly supervise field processes to ensure effective and smooth food distribution in the FDPs in the targeted districts.
- Develop a comfortable, smooth and organized mechanism for food distribution to beneficiary households in collaboration with the deputy project manager and food security officer.
- Assist in follow up on sound and comfortable environment in the food distribution points
- Ensure timely preparation of the activity including community information, input distribution and training plan, briefing/training of local partners (if any) and carrying out logistical and administrative arrangements
- Monitor, evaluate and suggest improvements to increase the efficiency of project activities
- Responsible for identification the registered beneficiary households lists in collaboration with the data entry assistant.
- Assist in Issue stock requests according to daily distribution plans.
- Assist in plan and follow up on the activities of the food distribution.
- Assist in the breakdown of the budget of daily labor wages (organizers, clerks, and porters… etc.).
- Assist in paying the wages of daily labor and ensure proper invoicing in close collaboration with the food security officer.
- Directly supervise the work of District Coordinators, distribution clerks, organizers,
- Schedule regular visits to beneficiaries of food security and FDPs.
- Train staff on the relevant subject.
- Provide briefings and debriefings for field staff.
- Provide monthly staff assessment for supervised staff.
- Provide daily food distribution reports during the distribution period and submit to the food security officer.
- Assistant and follow up on the implementation of the activity.
- Any other assignments as directed by the line manager.
- Bachelor’s degree a discipline relevant to food security
- +2 years of relevant work experience.
- Work experience in food security projects is preferable.
- Previous experience working for an NGO.
- Familiar with information management systems and databases.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken.
- Ability to prepare budget, write proposal and write reports in English is required
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل