Community Mobilizers Protection Monitors (2)
TEAM/PROGRAMME: child protection
LOCATION: One in Aden & one in Lahj
CONTRACT LENGTH: 11
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
S/He will be responsible on following up the community protection monitors and reporting of protection concerns from the field. s/he will be expected to coordinate for the activities conducted in the community. They will further play key logistical roles in the planning of all the training sessions and coordination of activities.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: child protection project officer
Reporting to: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- To assist the Child Protection Officer in the planning, development and implementation of child protection activities
- Monitor child protection activities that are implemented through volunteers
- Support SC trained volunteers in the implementation of child protection activities
- Conduct child protection awareness activities for parents and community leaders
- Conduct child protection training package for the community volunteers
- Support administrative tasks such as preparing Purchase Requests.
- Prepare reports for the supervisor with statistical and narrative information on the progress of the protection programming in the target communities
- Work in close collaboration with other SC staff (Health, Wash, Education, etc.) in the target areas – develop joint work plans.
- Follow up on the community volunteers, couch and support them to implement the CP activities.
- Any other duties as required.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
- Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust.
- Invests time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realise their full potential, and to build the organisation’s capability for the future.
- Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization.
- Develops and implements innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in ever-changing and uncertain global and working environments.
- Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organization.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence.
- Displays consistent excellent judgement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree preferable in Education
- Teaching/training experience
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills Ability to deal with children
- Understanding of community development
- Computer skills
- Good monitoring and reporting skills.
- Please put the position title as the subject of the email.
- Deadline: 16/01/2018
- Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org