The Partnership Manager will be responsible for managing day to day relationship with partners to ensure compliance to all SCI Save the Children International policies and procedures, including financial and reporting requirements. S/he will ensure partner projects are implemented in accordance to SCI partnership frameworks and regulations and with the relevant quality standards as well as the Country Office CO partnership strategy. The successful candidate will work closely with: i) relevant programme managers, who are responsible for all aspects of program implementation; in addition to ii) the partnership advisor to support strategic partnership development, partner mapping, and policy and strategy development.
Key areas of accountability:
Programme Management & delivery:
- Ensure that partner projects are implemented in line with SCI and donor rules and regulations;
- Strengthen management and follow up systems with partners for monitoring and reporting purposes;
- Standardized ways of working with partners and build partners capacity in work-planning and programme cycle management;
- Provide support to programme managers and partners at the field level to trouble-shoot issues affecting programme delivery;
- Responsible for early communication to CO for any project amendments, extensions etc. and participation in the development of these requests with the partners;
- Provide additional support, where necessary, to the programme managers to help ensure that partner projects are implemented on time, and on budget;
- Work with field teams and partnership advisor to review project partnerships, including partner-led implementation progress;
- Participate in the periodic updating of SCI Yemen’s partnership strategy; and
- Ensure the communication of SCI Yemen’s partnership strategy to key stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing technical support to SCI Yemen’s local partners in the area of organizational development and SCI Yemen’s integrated program approach;
- Support the partnership advisor to identify and act on opportunities to link SCI Yemen’s partnership work to local and regional partnership work;
- Support the development and implementation of appropriate partnership and capacity buildings modules and tools; and
- Support the development of, and facilitate the implementation of comprehensive capacity building plans for partners and subsequent reporting of results achieved.
Coordination (Internal and External)
- Working in close collaboration with the partnership advisor, coordinate the preparation and submission of partnership proposals;
- Support proposal design and review processes to ensure that partnership and capacity building strategies are in alignment with program guidelines and standards;
- In collaboration with the partnership advisor and programme managers, support the annual partnership workshop;
- Collaborate with the partnership advisor and MEAL team to support the assessment and implementation of the MEAL programme as designed for local partners;
- Collaborate with finance and programme teams to support the tracking and submission of partner’s finance reports with relevant supporting documents; and
- In collaboration with the awards team and programme staff, support the vetting of selected partners.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor or higher degree in social sciences or relevant field
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in partnership arena
- Experience and expertise in humanitarian context
- Experience in capacity development and/or organisational development
- Strong interpersonal communication and facilitation skills
- Very good coaching, mentoring and team building abilities
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and contribute to a positive working environment.
- Capacity to work in a fast paced environment and produce results under challenging conditions
- Willingness to work in a challenging security environment
- A very good understanding of at least 2 of the sectoral programmes and a working knowledge of the programme priorities of the response which include Education, Child Protection, Health, Nutrition.
- All CVs to be sent through our account firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”
- This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
- We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.