Ended Logistics Coordinator
The Logistics Coordinator has the responsibility to ensure the delivery of timely, effective and accountable logistics support to the Save the Children field teams in the area of operation within the country program.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure centralised management of supply chain, vehicle fleet, stock and asset management.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are in place and respected in the field office.
- Ensure that reports are compiled systematically and consolidated in the field office and communicated on a timely basis to the County Logistics Manager.
- Responsible for GIK management in the field office.
- Support field office logistics staff with technical assistance and assist in building their capacity.
- Contribute to project design and budgeting with regards to operational needs and feasibility.
- Directly manage supply chain, vehicle fleets, equipment, transportation and distribution of food and non-food items.
- Collate the procurement data and report any discrepancies and other standard related issues to the Country office (CO) Logistics Manager.
- To assist the Programme Managers with logistics advice during the drawing up of new project proposals.
- Centralise the programme supply chain at local level by the setting up of effective order management systems for national and local orders.
- Ensure procurement practises are compliant with Save the Children and donor regulations.
- Ensure transportation of freight by land and air is in line with programme budgets and needs; ensuring the most cost effective and reliable means of transport is used for the timely delivery of supplies to projects.
- Ensure management of vehicle fleets is in line with Save the Children international standards; ensure appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles throughout the programme and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure the practical and effective implementation of the security guidelines in the field office ensuring all programme staff are briefed on procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of crisis or emergency.
- Commitment to serving members and their donors, and to helping build a culture of member service throughout organization.
- Receive all requisitions for programs, ensure approval by authorized signatory. Consult with requestor on specifications, advise on best processes and initiate purchase procedures.
- Suggest procurement committee as per Save the children international (SCI) procurement policies and procedures and as per the SCI Yemen CO Logistics Manual.
- Provide an advisory role for the functioning of the procurement committee. Ensure due process is followed and fair/transparent purchasing decisions are made.
- Negotiate leases (if applicable), agreement for service and supply contracts/Framework Agreements (FWAs).
- Collaborate with Finance Team to ensure that payments to suppliers and service provider are made in a timely manner.
- To establish and maintain good contacts with government offices, UN agencies and other NGOs with regards to logistical matters.
- To act as the Focal Point for all related matters to the SCI Total Inventory Management system (TIM) for the Field Office.
- To assist as necessary the Field Logistics staff in establishing and managing TIM.
- Ensure full audit trail standard under donor regulations as well as Save the Children Internal Warehousing Procedures.
- Keep all relevant parties informed of the supply pipeline progress and ensure the Monthly Warehouse reports, include area/field offices, is submitted to the Logistics Manager in a timely manner.
- To ensure that warehousing management and assets tracking are followed up while supporting the Pharmacist in the general management of drugs storage and supplies to the field locations.
- Ensure all assets of Aden & Lahj field office are managed according to SCI’s Asset Management Policy, SCI Asset Management Guidelines, and relevant donor rules and regulations with a continuous collaboration with Country Logistics Manager.
- In total collaboration with Field Logistics Team, ensure proper tracking methods are followed to monitor the movement/changes of any assets and ensure proper control/handling of equipment at all times
- Supervise the conduct of regular physical checks of assets and inventory items and provide reports on outcomes.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- At least university degree (M.S.c or B.S.c) in social science, economics, Business Management, Supply Chain Management, geography or other discipline relevant to Logistics management.
- 2 years’ experience in managing logistics in an international organization or corporate enterprise (supply chain management including procurement, transport and distribution, stock management) and vehicle and fleet management.
- Experience in distribution of NFIs (non-food items) and food.
- Excellent IT skills and previous experience in maintaining detailed administrative records.
- Previous experience in training and capacity building of staff and ability to provide supervision and support at a distance.
- Previous experience of managing and coordinating logistics over a number of different geographic locations
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proactive and result-oriented with a strong ability to coordinate between different teams and individuals.
If you already applied for this position previously in May, you do not need to send your applications again.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
- All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
- Applications to be sent to Aden.Jobs@savethechildren.org
- The deadline for receiving applications is 17/01/2018
- Please put “Logistics Coordinator” as the subject line of the email.