Ended Livelihoods Advisor
Location : Aden, Sanaa, Mukalla.
Livelihoods Advisor—Yemen Economic Stabilization and Success Program (YESS)
A key focus of the Yemen Economic Stabilization and Success (YESS) program, implemented under USAID’s Middle East Economic Growth Best Practices (MEG) project, is to assist rural families affected by the ongoing humanitarian crisis through the creation of permanent jobs, and by laying the foundations for a successful transition from humanitarian assistance to sustainable livelihoods. This will include technical support to rural MSMEs in target communities to sustainably expand off-farm employment opportunities.
The objective of the consultancy is to assist the YESS program to identify and deliver targeted technical/training and capacity building assistance designed to support the Yemeni people in rebuilding their livelihoods through tightly targeted support services that will help re-establish sustainable farm-level production and marketing activities.
Scope of Work
- Participate in the design of technical assistance work plans to meet the objectives of the project
- Facilitate the access of consultants to the field and follow-up on the delivery of technical assistance
- Work with program monitoring and evaluation staff to capture program impact
- Build a strong relationship with relevant development and humanitarian actors (UN organizations, WB, etc.) working in livelihoods in the targeted governorates
- Submit regular progress report and articulate implementation challenges
- Perform any other related functions, as required
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- A university degree in social science, business, economics, or agricultural sciences is required. An advanced degree in one of these areas is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience implementing livelihoods support programs
- Experience working with the private sector, NGOs, UN organizations, and government authorities in relevant sub-sectors
- Experience conducting socio-economic studies, value chain analysis, livelihoods assessments, and agriculture assessments highly desirable
- Strong English speaking and writing skills
18 months from February 1, 2018 to July 31,2019
- Deadline to submit CV: 15.1.2018
- Interested candidate should send their CV to: YLadvisor@gmail.com
- Please mention the job title and location in the subject box