Trade Advisor/Trade Facilitation Expert – Aden, Yemen
Yemen Economic Stabilization Program will help re-establish a functioning trade regime and promote sustainable employment and income generation in Yemen.
In the area of trade facilitation, the Program will address key distortions in the trade regime hampering humanitarian assistance inflows to the population and help re-integrate Yemen’s private sector into international trade and finance networks. The Program will facilitate engagement of relevant international stakeholders and major Yemeni public/private sector stakeholders in a manner that can enhance access to key ports, air facilities and trade transit corridors for purposes of efficient trans-shipment of humanitarian supplies to their destinations. The program will also focus on the improvements in the trade facilitation policy/regulatory/institutional framework required to significantly enhance the time- and cost-efficiency of trading activities in Yemen.
The Program is seeking Local Trade Facilitation Experts who will engage with Yemeni officials on the critical issues constraining efficient trade inflows and implement Program activities aimed at significant improvement in key aspects of the trade regime, including, but not limited to, customs clearance and risk management procedures, and import/export payments procedures.
Scope of Work
The Consultant will assist the project in trade facilitation. Responsibilities of the Consultant include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify and assess constraints limiting inbound and outbound trade flows
- Prepare actionable recommendations on reduction of identified barriers to trade
- Conduct technical workshops on trade/customs issues for public and private sector counterparts
- Maintain productive relationships with key local customs officials and other relevant public and private stakeholders
- Submit regular progress reports to the Program’s Yemen Team Leader and the Customs and Trade Reform Team Leader
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- University degree in Business, Economics, Trade, or a related field with at least 7 years of experience working on trade- and customs-related matters OR a high school degree with at least 15 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with customs procedures and transport logistics in Yemen, specially at sea ports
- Excellent communications skills
- Good command of the English language and native fluency in Arabic
- Yemeni citizenship or permanent residency
18 months from February 1, 2018 to July 30th,2019
- Deadline to submit CV: 15.1.2018
- Interested candidate should send their CV to: Ytradeadvisor@gmail.com
- Please mention the job title and location in the subject box