Infection Prevention Control Supervisor
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
Location: Khamer Project – Amran governorate
Contract duration: for one year (renewable).
Contract type: Full time contract.
Reporting to: Head Nurse
Main Job Duties:
The Infection Prevention Control Supervisor implements and supervises the infection control program within the project, according to MSF protocols, safety and infection prevention and control (IPC) measures, in order to ensure quality of care and safety of patients, caretakers and staff.
The summary of tasks as follows:
- Providing support, techinical suppervision and training to Hospital staff on Infection Prevention Control related issues.
- Maintaining and controling the implementation of standard Infection Control precautions, in collaboration with all hospital supervisors. Evaluating and modifying patient flow to adhere to required standards.
- Following-up IPC equipments and material quality and consumption, and ensuring proper training is given to concerned staff for optimal use.
- In close collaboration with Cleaners, Launderers and Kitchen staff, ensuring strict compliance with precaution measures.
- Participating, as a member of the Hygiene Committee, in the elaboration of the Action Plan and supporting its implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Compulsory : Nursing diploma, or equivalent, valid to practice in Yemen
- At least 2 years of working experience in related field, preferably in OT or ICU.
- Previous working experience with MSF or in other NGOs is an asset.
- Arabic speaker, fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
Candidates should submit a Cover Letter and CV in English, and any recommendations from previous employers to the following:
Médecins sans Frontières France
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the mail should be: Khamer IPC Supervisor
Deadline for application: 18th January 2017
Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-F.
Short listed candidates will be asked to provide original copies of diplomas, copies of relevant training and work certificates,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered.