CARE International is currently seeking a Procurement Officer. He/ She will be responsible for ensuring that mission and project wide procurement is conducted in a timely and efficient manner. All procurements must adhere to operating policies and procedures and include accurate and up-to-date vendor and clearance agents’ information.
The Procurement Officer reports to the Program Support Officer. He/ She support activities including contracting, transportation, shipping and requisitions The Procurement Officer, will be responsible for ensuring that mission and project wide procurement is conducted in a timely and efficient manner. All procurements must adhere to operating policies and procedures and include accurate and up-to-date vendor and clearance agents’ information. He/ She will report directly to the Program Support Officer and will work closely with the Country Office Procurement Officer and Senior Peers for technical support and guidance.
Key procurement processes
- Purchase goods and services as per organization policy.
- Prepare request for quotes to suppliers, collecting bids/quotations, evaluating quotations, preparing bids summaries and purchase orders.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the best terms of service including price, delivery, payments and after sales service.
- Insure all the payments for vendors are done on time and without any delay.
- Ensure all the procurement documents are filed appropriately and are easy to access.
- Assist in identifying vendors.
Coordination and Support
- Provide procurement support for programs and program support activities, ensuring the effectiveness of the supply system and using Pamodzi system.
- Execute necessary contracting, transport, shipping and requisitions, following CARE’s procedures and policies.
- Liaise and coordinate with the relevant departments/ functions regarding delivery of supplies and keep all parties informed of any changes.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on purchases and spending.
- Maintain and keep files for purchase orders, quotations, contracts, tenders, and internal purchase requisitions.
- Coordinate closely with Program Manager regarding budgeting of materials, equipment and services.
CARE policies and procedures compliance
- Ensure adherence to CARE and donor procurement policies and procedures, and to be in contact with CO for procurement support.
- Follow up with donor procurement regulations.
- Perform other duties and/or tasks assigned by the direct supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Any other related fields.
- Strong English language skills & native speaker of the Arabic language.
- Strong administrative and time-management skills.
- Ability to act independently in a self-directed manner and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in procurement and/or administration.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and relevant stakeholders.
- Experience with contracting/tendering, transportation and shipping.
- Excellent computer skills – including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices
Interested applicants should send a CV (English) by January 20th, 2018 to YEMVacancyAden@care.org with the subject heading ‘Procurement Officer ’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.