Ended Monitoring & Evaluation & Learning Assistant
CARE International is currently seeking MEL assistant to assist MEL officer/Advisor in the development and implementation of monitoring, evaluation (M&E) and learning systems.
The main duty of MEL assistant is to assist MEL officer/Advisor in the development and implementation of monitoring, evaluation (M&E) and learning systems. This includes the design of participatory data collection methods, rigid analysis and internal as well as external reporting systems including to donors and Government. The Monitoring & Evaluation and Learning assistant also ensures supporting MEL officer for effective coordination with all local stakeholders and establishes transparent systems to ensure information flow to partners and community members.
Project M&E coordination:
- Assist the MEL officer in developing, implementing the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) system for the program, ensuring community participation.
- Assist the MEL officer to establish coordination and information systems with project partners and key stakeholders, particularly those responsible for monitoring and evaluation
M&E capacity building:
- Actively participate in developing standardized MEL tools for the project such as monitoring sheets; weekly/monthly progress analysis reports etc.
- Train the relevant project staff in the field of MEL system, ensuring they use the required formats/sheets effectively as required and desired
Information Management and Reporting:
- Prepare relevant data collection and monitoring tools as well as develop the database for storing data and information
- Update project database on regular basis through entering and processing relevant data on timely basis
- Collate and extract relevant information from the project database in a regular basis, ensuring information/data are available upon request.
- Ensure the availability of timely and high quality reports (bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, final, assessments, PDMs, baseline and end line surveys reports) and other documentation as required
- Work closely with consultants and other staff in relation to baseline, assessment and evaluation studies
- Identify topics for research and document/share best-practices and lessons learned
- Consolidate case studies/ human interest stories and qualitative information among the beneficiary communities to show program outcomes in different areas
- Systematically and frequently capture progress, successes and challenges with photo camera and video
- Documenting and sharing of best-practices and methodologies employed by stakeholders
- Compile lessons across implementers and communities to share with other donors and interested parties with concern to pastoral production system
- Establishment of feedback mechanism among partners and beneficiaries, ensuring proper documentation and its relevance to current implementation strategy and future programming.
- Responsible for receiving beneficiaries’ feedback and complaints via phone.
- Maintain the archiving and documentation system of the quality unit.
Monitoring and Evaluation/Surveys:
- Conduct regular field monitoring to identify challenges and present to the program management for corrected actions
- Participate in the drafting of SOW for the baseline as well as final evaluation of the project
- Actively participate in conducting baseline assessment, annual project reviews, and final evaluations
- Actively participate in action researches and studies.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Statistics or relevant field
- 2-3 years of M&E experience related to development and humanitarian aid
- Experience designing and conducting training sessions and workshops
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong knowledge of project cycle management and M&E
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent English language skills
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices
Interested applicants should send a CV and a cover letter (English) by January 22nd, 2018 to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘MEL assistant’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted