Ended Procurement Assistant
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: Procurement Officer
Location: Aden, Yemen
Through the Continued Recovery, Emergency Assistance, and Training Engagement in Yemen (CREATE Yemen) program, Global Communities aims to provide humanitarian assistance and early recovery need of vulnerable and conflict-affected populations in southern Yemen through a holistic approach to bolstering food security and livelihoods, improving water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) outcomes, and promoting economic opportunities in Aden, Lahj, and Dhale Governorates.
Objective 1: Improve household food security and livelihoods through the provision of agricultural inputs, including seeds, tools, and livestock;
Objective 2: Provide income generation opportunities for vulnerable households through market-driven vocational training, support to asset building groups, and cash-work-work opportunities; and
Objective 3: Improve community hygiene practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Procurement Assistant will support the Procurement Unit in overseeing the procurement aspects of “Global Communities” and s/he will be responsible for supporting the Procurement unit in managing the procurement of goods and services. S/he will ensure that the payments of items are taking place for the requirements of the implementation of the CREATE program, as well as making correspondence with suppliers regarding prices and delivery of goods and services. The duties are specified in particular as follows:
- Coordinate with Procurement Officer to initiate Invitations to Bid and collect quotations from suppliers as necessary.
- Coordinate and liaise with all Global Communities departments in the field and partner/implementing agencies to ensure the timely delivery of goods and services for the activities.
- Ensure all procurement activities are fully and transparently documented through purchase requests and purchase orders.
- Help the Procurement Officer to manage and control RFQs, Comparative Statements, Bid Analysis, Invoices, and Delivery Reports.
- Help the Procurement Officer to control and manage all goods and supplies that are used by Global Communities Field Office to enable the effective, timely, and cost-effective implementation of the activities.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Ensure proper filing management system related to all Procurement processes.
- Follow-up with the finance team section and vendors, as needed.
- Attain approvals on procurement documents from concerned authorities.
- Support Procurement Officer in facilitating bids Committee meetings.
- Support Procurement Officer in monitoring the collection of goods and petty purchases.
- Support the Procurement Officer in preparing and updating the work plan for procurement which are related to activities in collaboration with relevant program implementation staff.
- Ensure compliance with Global Communities’ and/or donor’s policies and procedures.
- Carry out all the duties assigned by Senior Procurement Officer and Procurement Officer.
- Due to the nature of the program’s activities, the abovementioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet programmatic objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
University degree preferably in (Supply chain management, Business) and/or related field and 1 year of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Previous experience in field offices is a plus.
Normal office environment, however, due to nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From February 2018 until March 31, 2019.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the CREATE Livelihoods program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to email@example.com
- The subject line of the email should be the name of the position being applied for.
- Applications submitted after January 18, 2018 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.