Ended Program Assistant
Department: Program Department
Reports To: Program Manager (PM)
Location: Aden, Yemen
Through the Continued Recovery, Emergency Assistance, and Training Engagement in Yemen (CREATE Yemen) program, Global Communities aims to provide humanitarian assistance and early recovery need of vulnerable and conflict-affected populations in southern Yemen through a holistic approach to bolstering food security and livelihoods, improving water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) outcomes, and promoting economic opportunities in Aden, Lahj, and Dhale Governorates.
Objective 1: Improve household food security and livelihoods through the provision of agricultural inputs, including seeds, tools, and livestock;
Objective 2: Provide income generation opportunities for vulnerable households through market-driven vocational training, support to asset building groups, and cash-work-work opportunities; and
Objective 3: Improve community hygiene practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Assistant will provide executive support to the senior level staff and the technical team. Responsibilities include travel arrangements, arranging meetings, taking minutes of regular technical staff meetings, assisting in the logistical coordination of events, conferences, and seminars, research, and other financial/administrative tasks as assigned. The duties are specified in particular as follows:
- Coordinate with Ministries and other relevant partners.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and fundraising proposals.
- Assist with translation of documents, as needed.
- Assist with the maintenance of records to feed into performance monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Coordinate closely with the Logistics Officer to: ensure accuracy of the Global Communities travel arrangements to the target governorates, finalization of expatriate staff visas, and finalization of other official documents.
- Set-up and coordinate meetings and conferences and talking minutes of the regular technical staff meetings.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Due to the nature of the program’s activities, the above-mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet programmatic objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in (Human Resource management or public administration) and/or related field and 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
Normal office environment, however, due to nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From February 2018 until March 31, 2019.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the CREATE Livelihoods program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line of the email should be the name of the position being applied for.
- Applications submitted after January 20,2018 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.