Ended Project Manager
ACTED is an NGO registered in France with global operations in the Middle East, Central Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa. Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED has been active in Yemen since 2012, in the areas of Food Security and Agriculture, WASH and Shelter.
ACTED Yemen is currently recruiting a qualified Project Manager based in Ibb. Under direction of the Program Manager and the Area Coordinator, the Project Manager will be directly in charge of the planning, implementation and reporting of multiple activities in Ibb, Al Dhale’e and Taiz governorates.
Position: Project Manager
Location: Ibb city, Ibb governorate (will be required to frequently travel to other governorates, including Ibb, Al Dhale’e, Taiz and Sana’a).
II. Background of program:
ACTED will be implementing a large multi-sector project across three governorates that will include activities in WASH, food security and agriculture, NFIs/Shelter and other emergency response activities.
The Project Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the timely and quality implementation of the project including initial project planning, timeline creation, BOQ development, project activities, reporting, documentation, and overall project strategy;
- Ensure community acceptance of the project through positive interactions and clear communication to beneficiaries/committees/community leaders in the field as well as external representation of the organisation to relevant parties in Ibb, Al Dhale’e and Taiz governorates
- Responsible for supervision of all field activities, including the management of field supervisors and field assistants;
- Create monthly activity plans and timelines for all activities of the project in conjunction with the project team and ensures fair distribution of tasks amongst team members;
- Oversee and assist the project and field team in the planning and implementation of all field activities including but not limited to distributions, trainings, and community outreach;
- Coordinate with other departments (logistics, finance, AME) to ensure proper implementation of project activities
- Responsible for planning and overseeing resources and logistical requirements for project activities;
- Working with AMEU oversee data collection and management for the project; Take into consideration the AMEU team’s recommendations after approval from the PM and/or AC during regularly scheduled meetings;
- Provide accurate, timely, and detailed reports of project activities, successes and challenges to the AC/PM at coordination level;
- Responsible for overall performance and quality oversight of project implementation and performance of field staff;
Qualifications and Requirements
Humanitarian Project Management Experience:
- Minimum 3-years of experience in a position with similar responsibilities in a non-governmental organization in a humanitarian setting; 5 years preferred
- Previous experience in cross-sector project management, including WASH, food security and agriculture, and Shelter/NFIs
- Previous experience managing in-kind distributions, cash transfers and rehabilitation activities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple teams and activities across sectors in multiple areas
- Demonstrated understanding of reporting, logistics, finance and compliance procedures in an NGO context
- Technical experience in one or more of the following sectors: water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH); food security; or early recovery.
- Understanding of the principles of non-governmental organizations
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to build trust and develop and maintain effective work relationships with sensitivity and respect for diversity and inclusive participation.
- Ability to develop and empower team members, fostering team work, active communication, and self-management.
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity (esp. gender and ethnicity) is required
- Demonstrated leadership and organization skills
- Able to access and work in Ibb, Al Dhale’e and Taiz governorates
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken Arabic and English required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (e.g. beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members)
- Comfortable with virtual forms of communication including messaging and video applications.
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to identify problems and propose and implement solutions in challenging implementation environments.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in changing circumstances
- A university degree, preferably in Engineering, Business Administration, or relevant work experience
- 12 months, renewable contract
- Send CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Ibb - Project Manager"
- The closing date for applications is 25th of January, 2018 23:59
- Candidates must rename CV & Covering letter as (First & Surname + Ibb– Project Manager).
Candidates from Ibb governorate are strongly encouraged to apply