ACTED is an NGO registered in France with global operations in the Middle East, Central Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa. Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED has been active in Yemen since 2012, in the areas of Food Security and Agriculture, WASH and Shelter.
ACTED Yemen is currently recruiting a qualified Project Manager based in Ibb. Under direction of the Program Manager and the Area Coordinator, the Project Manager will be directly in charge of the planning, implementation and reporting of multiple activities in Ibb, Al Dhale’e and Taiz governorates.
Location: Ibb city, Ibb governorate (will be required to frequently travel to other governorates, including Ibb, Al Dhale’e, Taiz and Sana’a).
The Beekeeping’s responsibilities include:
- Assist project staff in selecting target areas, beneficiaries, community committees according to the required criteria
- Having a timing plan to carry out beekeeping activity and coordinate with community committees and other stakeholders on the targets of beekeeping activity
- Setting criteria and specifications of bee Colonies to be distributed. The plan may include for example, but not limited to, training plan, BoQs, specifications and any other related items required for procurement process.
- Designing training kit including the tools, topic and materials needed for training that will help in building junior beekeepers’ capacities
- Deliver awareness and training to beneficiaries on bee lesions and most challenges of this industry while bringing up to date methods of beekeeping and get beneficiaries used to quality control mechanism.
- Constant coordination on a regular basis with the project manager on the beekeeping activity while having suggestion that would further improve it
- Constant follow up to ensure the health and survival of the bees’ colonies and answering beekeepers’ inquiries as necessary.
- Documentation and archiving all documents of all activities carried out from the starting point and having reports submitted to the project manager
Qualifications and Requirements
- MA in agricultural sciences or at least BA in a relevant subject
- At least 4 years of experience on beekeeping with non-governmental NGOs
- Being aware of beekeeping requirements and the challenges most encountered by beekeepers as well as types of honey production within the target areas.
- Having experience in related food security programs
- Participatory and interactive approach to consultancy work.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Team builder.
- 12 months, renewable contract
- Send CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Ibb - Beekeeper "
- The closing date for applications is 25th of January, 2018 23:59
- Candidates must rename CV & Covering letter as (First & Surname + Ibb– Beekeeping).
Candidates from Ibb governorate are strongly encouraged to apply