Ended Logistics Officer
who we are:
The National Prisoner Foundation is a non-profit development organization that seeks, in partnership with the concerned official authorities and local and international civil society organizations, to take care of the prisoner and rehabilitate him to be a good human being and productive in the society, ensuring that he does not return to prison . Through commitment to provide the best health services, education and social training and rehabilitation and provide legal support and support the infrastructure of prisons.
The Foundation was established by a Licence No. (13) issued by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor on 23/6/2013.
To be in 2020 the first Foundation who gives the best care for the prisoner and within the top ten humanitarian Foundations in Yemen.
Working on the care and rehabilitation of the prisoner and enable him to be a good human being and productive in his community.
The aim of the Water, Sanitation and hygiene Project funded by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is to provide some areas of the Districts of Al-jarahi and Al-Mansouriah and raise awareness of the concepts of hygiene through the implementation of awareness sessions for the number of 26400 and provide hygiene kits for 4000 families.
Contract duration : 5 months
Place of work : Hodeidah
The logistics will be responsible for all procurement, Supplies and tender arrangements, including the following tasks:
Logistics Officer will be responsible for overall logistics arrangements. These include arranging assisting Project Manager and Field coordinator for the purchase of goods and arranging of transport to reach the goods at the target areas on time.
- Ensure the implementation of logistics and procurement tasks within the specified times.
- Organizing the logistics and purchasing plan on a daily / weekly / monthly basis in coordination with the project staff.
- Ensure that the purchase is handled in accordance with applicable principles and good implementation.
- Evaluate the logistical and procurement needs of the project and supervise the validity of its implementation.
- Compliance with the purchasing guidelines of the donor as well as the guidance of the Foundation.
- Keeping the purchasing files in line with the guidelines of the donor and be ready for the financial audit (in coordination with the accountant), and also the evaluation and notify the administration of any irregularities that need to be addressed.
- Ensure the validity of all contracts that have been delivered to the suppliers according to the procedures of the Foundation .
- Ensure that the procurement files are complete, valid and include the relevant signatures before being forwarded to the Finance Department for Exchange.
- Maintain electronic and paper copies of all logistics and purchasing contracts.
- Preparation of invitations to the parties that submit tenders to attend the procurement meetings.
- Organizing and supervising all special logistics operations in case of any problems.
- Any other tasks required from him.
- Preparation and processing of all tender documents for the supply of personal hygiene kit as well as water tanks for the project.
- Make all arrangements that help the project team to purchase goods and transport arrangements to reach goods to the targeted areas in time and time limit.
- Participate in the analysis of offers submitted by suppliers and the selection of winners.
- Supply all logistics equipment for the project activities (training courses + stationery - price offers + offices, furniture, etc.) according to the conditions and criteria of the donor.
- Supervision of the transfer and delivery of 4000 personal hygiene kits for beneficiaries in the districts of Al-Jarahi -Al- Mansourieh ,province of Hodeidah.
- Follow-up of suppliers in the supply of all quantities and transport to the targeted areas in the specified time.
- Receiving of quantities and inspect it and ensure compliance with technical specifications and quality required.
- Provide weekly reports to the project manager according to what is accomplished.
- Any other tasks required of the management of the Foundation and the project manager.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in accountancy - sales and marketing or any related major to the job.
- Have at least two years of practical experience in procurement and logistics procedures.
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in local and international organizations working in the humanitarian field and emergency projects.
- Powerful knowledge in the use of computer software applications (Word, Excel).
- Good knowledge of English.
- Ability to work under pressure.
For more information about the Foundation ,please Visit the website : www.sajeen.ye
- To apply for a job please send your C.V to the Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for Applying: 20/1/2018
- Please mention in the email subject the position you apply for it.