Ended WASH Officer
Water, Sanitation and hygiene Officer Reference Task (WASH Officer)
who we are:
The National Prisoner Foundation is a non-profit development organization that seeks, in partnership with the concerned official authorities and local and international civil society organizations, to take care of the prisoner and rehabilitate him to be a good human being and productive in the society, ensuring that he does not return to prison. Through commitment to provide the best health services, education and social training and rehabilitation and provide legal support and support the infrastructure of prisons.
The Foundation was established by a Licence No. (13) issued by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor on 23/6/2013.
- - To be in 2020 the first Foundation who gives the best care for the prisoner and within the top ten humanitarian Foundations in Yemen.
- - Working on the care and rehabilitation of the prisoner and enable him to be a good human being and productive in his community.
- The aim of the Water, Sanitation and hygiene Project funded by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is to provide some areas of the Districts of Al-jarahi and Al-Mansouriah and raise awareness of the concepts of hygiene through the implementation of awareness sessions for the number of 26400 and provide hygiene kits for 4000 families.
• Contract duration: 11 months
• Work place : Hodeidah
Tasks and Responsibilities : -
With the support and oversight of the Project Manager, the WASH officer will be responsible for the correct and efficient implementation of wash project interventions in the assigned area basing on WASH cluster standards to quality measures The WASH Officer based in Al-Hudaydah governorate as well as will be responsible for all WASH Activities
- - Preparation of a plan for the implementation and follow-up of water, sanitation and hygiene activities.
- - Work with the Monitoring & Evaluating Officer, put up and implement the follow-up implementation mechanisms in project implementation, in consultation with local stakeholders, within the work plans and project objectives.
- - Supervising the training of volunteers and carrying out awareness sessions in the targeted districts.
- - Supervise all interventions in the field of water, environmental sanitation and hygiene, and maintain water issues and quality.
- - Preparation of studies surveys and design and the scale of quantities for water activities and water distribution in the targeted districts in the province of Hodeidah.
- - Preparation of awareness materials on the prevention of infectious diseases and proper behavior of personal hygiene in the targeted community areas.
- - Supervising on the supply and distribution of the basic hygiene kit for 4000 hygiene kits.
- - Supervise the selection of the community committee to regulate the distribution of water at the level of each village in the Districts of AL-Jarahi and Al-Mansuriya, province of Hodeidah.
- - Regular field visits to the project work areas in Al-Mansouriya and Al-Jarahi Districts, Hodeidah Governorate.
- - Preparation of weekly / monthly / quarterly reports on the progress of project activities.
- - Supervise the management and distribution of water by truck to the beneficiaries in the targeted areas.
- - Ensure that hygiene promotion activities are conducted on the basis of donor quality standards.
- - Collect and report data weekly to standardize project indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activity completed, results of completed water analyzes ...).
- - Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the standards of the Sphères.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- - Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Hydrology Engineering or any related field.
- - Water engineering with minimum 1 year of practical experience in the water, environmental sanitation and hygiene sector in a human context.
- - Have 2-3 years of experience in the field of water and environmental sanitation in local and international organizations working in the humanitarian field and emergency projects.
- - Previous experience in the implementation of water, sanitation and hygiene projects in emergencies.
- - Ability to work as part of a team.
- - Good knowledge in the field of water sanitation and personal hygiene.
- - Computer proficiency (Excel - WordPress ... etc). And engineering programs.
- - Ensure community participation and its participation in project activities.
- - Good knowledge of English.
For more information about the Foundation ,please Visit the website :www.sajeen.ye
- To apply for a job please send your C.V to the Email email@example.com
- Deadline for Applying: 20/1/2018
- Please mention in the email subject the position you apply for it.