Orphan Worker This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Muslim Hands YEMEN – Orphan Worker
Muslim Hands is an international relief and development non-government organization established in 1993. The organization is currently working in 52 countries. Muslim Hands works both directly and with partners to carry out short- and long-term projects in education, health livelihoods, WASH and emergency relief.
This an exciting time to join an international NGO with over 26 years’ experience across 52 countries. Muslim Hands Yemen is undergoing new and positive changes. We are building on the capacity of the office, looking to implement new and innovative projects alongside opening new fundraising channels. This role is seen as pivotal to the long-term vision for Muslim Hands Yemen.
Position: Orphan Worker
Reports to: Education officer
Location: Aden – essential travel is required to other areas of Yemen
Contract Type: FT (six months with possibility of extension.
The Orphan Worker will play a leading role in the orphan sponsorship program, he/she will be responsible for leading the orphans casual team, updating the orphans data base and providing continuous updates to MH UK sponsorship program department.
The Orphan Worker will be responsible but not limited to
1.Coordinates the management of sponsorship components and project along with verbal, written and social media communications between UK HQ and MHY office.
2. Works closely with the UK orphan sponsorship department on the development of sponsor recruitment material and sponsor retention material.
3. Facilitates the distribution of the annual communications templates sent to sponsors for writing to their child and for children writing to their sponsors.
4. Communicates with UK HQ to update payment information, cancel sponsorships, enroll new sponsorships, and answer all inquiries regarding the program.
5. Responsible for facilitating updates to the sponsorship project and importing new child information. 6. Accountable for maintaining internal spreadsheets and databases containing orphans personal information.
7. Coordinates with MHY interns and volunteers to assist in the process of making sponsorship materials and uploading data on Qalam.
8. Communicates with the Database Manager regarding new sponsorships and financial inquiries to effectively update and maintain our internal fundraising database.
9. Participates in the development of campaign forms, messages, etc. as they pertain to sponsorship.
10. Develops and researches the best practices for the sponsorship program and effectively assists the Director of Orphan sponsorship program in implementing trainings for ministry partners in the countries we are working in.
11. Assist in keeping sponsors engaged and delighted.
12. Other duties assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- at least a bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or a related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar area.
- Able to communicate fluently both written and verbal in Arabic and English.
- Standard keyboard skills with knowledge of Microsoft office package word, excel, power point, access.
- Initiative and ability to work independently and develop solutions to problems.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Participates in individual and group mentoring and training including regular management and support meetings, vocational conversations, internship trainings, and transition interviews.
- Displays excellent communication skills including writing, presentation, and listening abilities; displays ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- An ability to attend all appropriate meetings and to share your views, either verbally or in writing.
- An ability to support the child or young person family through any meetings they may be required to attend.
- A willingness to learn about what needs to be recorded and how.
- An ability to keep records and store them in a safe place.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل