HR Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: HR Officer
Band/ Level / Grade: 8B
Location: Yemen | Aden
Overtime Eligible: per local law
BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012. Since establishing its presence in the South of Yemen, in the Red Sea Coastal city of Aden, the organization has grown from just an implementing small projects to handling large scale emergency and relief operations. Following the war which broke out in Yemen in March of 2015 and the humanitarian disaster, which was crafted by the same, IRC launched one an emergency response program in the southern governorates of Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Shabwah and Aldalea. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen and Sana’a and Hodeidah in the North through direct programming and through local partnerships, in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, Gender and Women Protection and Empowerment.
SCOPE OF WORK: IRC is seeking a dynamic HR Officer to handle the day-to-day Human resources tasks including but not limited to contract management, leave management, central staff filing, archiving and management of HR trackers.
JOB SUMMARY: Under supervision of Roving HR & Admin Manager. HR Officer will be responsible for onboarding of National staff, contract management, maintaining staff database, performance management tracker, probation tracking, time and leave management, and supporting HR in the field offices and other human resources duties.
- Regular and open communication on day-to-day tasks with HR focal points in all field locations.
- Communication with Roving HR & Admin Manager regarding HR data collection requests from all field locations.
Contracts & Filing Management:
- Maintain an oversight on contract periods & initiates communication on extension review through line managers.
- Responsible for drafting & preparing bilingual employment status letters including but not limited to; contract amendments, extensions, allowances, notice of termination, contract ending, extension of probation period.
- Focal point for updating benefits, initiating employment status letters and sharing with Payroll Officer, the supporting documents for payroll processing.
- Upon hiring new staff ensure compile and share an onboarding package and request additional supporting documents, where required.
- Work with Recruitment team in completion and filing of all newly recruited staff documentation
- Ensure that signed paper documents and staff files are filed and archived in compliance with IRC policies.
- Responsible for updating employee trackers and employee file checklist upon filing new documents in staff file.
- Support SMT members on change of statues, promotions, and staff relocation procedures.
- Ensure all HR teams in the field use updated forms and letter heads in compliance with the IRC guidance.
- In collaboration with the HR and Administration Assistant maintain and ensure an accessible, central filing system.
- Provide contracts for audit purposes.
- Custodian of leave application forms for national staff in Aden.
- Verification of leave prior to approval and updating the leave tracker for all staff on a weekly basis.
- Communicate with staff health advisor on sick leave verification and communicate the decision to relevant staff.
- Send monthly timesheet communication and receive approved timesheets/leaves for all staff.
- Receiving accurate timesheets and supporting documents from all HR focal points in field locations.
- Update the Roving HR & Admin Manager on leave utilization status by staff for further management.
- Ensure that all relevant trackers are up-to-date and supported by relevant documents: leave tracker, timesheet database, master contract list, etc and sharing the same with the Roving HR & Administration Manager.
- Generate on a monthly basis from finger/face print system relevant report on staff attendance.
On-boarding and staff orientation:
- Requesting creation and deletion of IRC emails for new and existing staff through IRC People’s directory.
- Working with Roving HR & Administration Manager in coordinating comprehensive orientation schedule for new staff.
- Ensure all policies are signed at reporting day & HR processes are well articulated during the onboarding process.
- Periodically support the orientation of staff on IRC HR Policies and procedures.
Performance Management & Training coordination:
- Supports the Roving HR & Admin Manager in follow up on performance appraisal process for IRC Staff.
- Communicate to line managers on appraisals that are due and maintaining the tracker of the same.
- Follow up on performance evaluations, performance goal setting and related documents.
- Updating the performance management tracker and ensuring that all eligible staff have been appraised.
- Generate staff training needs according to the approved annual performance evaluation.
- Support in coordination of staff trainings in accordance with the Learning & Development Plan.
- With support from the Roving HR & Administration Manager, implement, assess and track all IRC sponsored trainings including online trainings.
Support to HR in Field locations:
- Support and assist in coordinating HR communications between other field offices.
- Consolidate requested data and reports from all field locations.
- Ensure that standard IRC forms are made available to the field, and they are utilized in appropriate manner.
- Reporting and Database management:
- Ensure updating of all trackers, leave & timesheet databases, master contract list for all staff, HR Admin weekly, provide data for monthly HR metrics Report & other adhoc reports prepared & consolidated for management use as appropriate.
- Any other related HR duties as per requested by supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS: (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
Relevant university degree (Business Administration, Business English, Law, Human Resources)
- 2 years’ experience in HR (preferable 1 year in HR work as Assistant or Officer level)
- Substantial and meaningful knowledge in policies & procedures of Yemeni Labour law.
- Knowledge & good skills with computer; MS office, internet/emails, and spreadsheet excel databases.
- NGO experience an added advantage.
C. Skills and Abilities:
- Very good written and verbal skills in both English and Arabic language.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
- Good interpersonal skills that function across a diversity of multi cultures work environment.
- Good facilitator, standout colleague with flexible attitude in solving problems.
- High level communication, influencing and coaching skills.
- Time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent people skills, culturally sensitive with the ability & interest to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Strong digital literacy: e.g., Windows, MS office programs, word, excel, internet/email.
- Careful with details in document reviewing and correcting.
- Active listening and effective communication.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Professionalism and work ethic.
- Receptive and Resilient.
- Positive Interpersonal interactions
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equity. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل