- Job Title: Area Coordinator
- Location: Ibb
- Reports to: Operations Manager
- Contract Type : Fixed Term
- Application Deadline : 20th of August 2022
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-governmental and non-profit making. TYF seeks to support socio-economic interventions to create and secure adequate livelihood opportunities for members of society, and enable them to thrive, grow and participate in making immediate and long-term change, allowing everyone to live in peace and competence. TYF launched its Strategic Plan, covering broader development areas, targeting a larger segment of society and building on the alignment of humanitarian response, development and peace.
TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in, Food Security, Health, Nutrition, Shelter, CCCM , WASH, Protection, Education and Empowerment,
2- Overall Purpose :
The Area Coordinator is a management position for TYF with supervisory and managerial responsibilities, and which ensures appropriate representation of TYF. The Area Coordinator is ultimately responsible for ensuring that programs run smoothly by coordinating and overseeing the daily operations of the hub and sub-offices, monitoring and responding to the security situation, and keeping up to date with contextual developments. This includes training and supervising administration, operations (logistics, procurement, government liaison/security focal persons HR, IT staff) and work directly with finance improving coordination between all departments, and ensuring compliance with TYF and donor policies and procedures. The Area Coordinator will also be responsible for ensuring that sub-offices provided with the proper support by the hub.
3- Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Team Management
- Ensure the smooth running of the hub office, in terms of having the appropriate staff, infrastructure and systems in place to provide a comfortable and professional working and providing any necessary training or guidance;
- Assist Country Operations Manager in maintaining appropriate security and safety systems and procedures and ensure all staff are aware of and adhere to these procedures;
- Ensure all team members are aware of and compliant with TYF personnel policies, including conflict of interest and general conduct;
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence;
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews;
- Supervise, hire and orient new team members as necessary on area level;
- Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance and reach objectives;
- Contribute to country team-building efforts, help team members identify problem-solving options and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
- Liaise with local government officials, UN and other international agencies, local NGOs and civil society organizations, local leaders and other community members to foster coordination and ensure support for and acceptance of TYF activities;
- Receive, brief and support all TYF visitors to the hub
- Conduct him/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to TYF and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission;
- Represent TYF programs with national and international media and participate in community activities as appropriate;
- Ability to work with formal and informal government structures and representatives, maintain and develop relevant and productive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Maintain productive relationships with internal and external constituents such as private partners, local NGOs and civil society organizations and academic institutions;
- Anticipate program needs, understand donor pool and contribute to shaping donor views on the evolving context and its impact on civilians in North area.
- Explore, evaluate and present innovative funding opportunities that support program objectives;
- Ensure that TYF maintain a high degree of risk awareness and impartiality;
- Respect and understand differing cultural and have the ability to navigate between them, recognizing the complexities involved;
- Identify, build and manage collaborative partnerships with consortium partners, sub-grantees, donors, governments and other stakeholders.
3. Strategy and Vision
- Communicate a clear vision of present and future program goals and strategies to North area team members and stakeholders, translating into concrete work plans;
- Contribute to countrywide strategy development and prioritize and organize actions and resources to achieve objectives set through those processes;
- Ensure that technical support teams are collaborating with program and other internal stakeholders effectively, adding value to the program and maintaining strategic focus;
- Recognize opportunities for innovative action and create an environment where alternative viewpoints are welcomed
- Assist with participation in needs assessments and sharing ideas for new programs.
4. Office Management / General Administration
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring a smoothly working office environment, via leading all office administrative and managerial tasks.
- Oversee the set-up and development of TYF office(s) in North Area to meet needs of team members including drafting and reviewing contracts for office space, leasehold improvements;
- Oversee tracking of all assets to ensure accurate record keeping of TYF and donor assets, including exceptional items that require registration and movement tracking, in accordance with the TYF Asset Management Manual including maintaining asset file
- Conduct annual & regular asset physical verifications
- Report daily/weekly/monthly on management, administrative activities and security situation, in addition to incident reports, to operations manager.
- Ensure effective and transparent use and documentation of TYF property by all staff in compliance with TYF and donor policies and procedures;
- Ensure the admin systems are implemented as described in the Field Administration Manual;
- Oversee facilities management, including office and warehouse leases for both. Ensure security standards are maintained at all premises;
5. Program Support
- Work closely with Country Operations Manager to facilitate operations, finance and HR aspects of program planning, and upcoming operations resources needs, especially procurement, transport/logistics, and recruitment to make sure they comply with all TYF and donor policies and procedures;
- Work closely with Country Operations to coordinate and provide operational support to program activities, ensuring that the team is able to adhere to work plans, that activities are on schedule and of quality, and that program deliverables are completed as committed;
- Keep the Program Managers informed of any developments that might have an impact on their programs;
- Submit and timely follow up on MOUs with local authority and government bodies.
- Oversee the smooth flow of routine support functions (e.g., administration, logistics, HR) of the TYF office and compliance with TYF and donor policies and procedures;
- Ensure that procurement is completed, documented, and delivered to end-user in a timely manner, ensuring that items procured meet the specifications of the end-user while adhering to donor and TYF procurement guidelines;
- Ensure all aspects of asset management including maintenance of the asset register and the investigation of any missing assets, as well as stock management, including ensuring sound transfers between sub-offices;
- Work closely with program and finance staff in the office to coordinate and provide operational support to program activities, ensuring that the team is able to adhere to work plans, that activities are on schedule and of quality, and that program deliverables are completed as committed;
- Work closely Yemen leadership to ensure that TYF strategy is understood and guides decision-making throughout the response;
- Oversight to ensure programs are able to meet donor and internal obligations on scope, time and budget, including efficient coordination on common program, operational and funding issues;
- Create and maintain systems to ensure efficient and transparent capture of program data for management decision-making and timely and informative internal and external reporting;
- Create and maintain systems to ensure technical coherence and promote creative programming across the programs portfolio;
7. Safety & Security Management
- Serve as safety and security focal in the area office;
- Maintain and advise on appropriate security and safety systems and procedures and ensure all staff are aware of and adhere to these procedures and work closely with Country Operations based in Sana’a;
- Work closely with the Government Liaison & Security Advisor to inform staff as required on government policies pertaining to TYF.
- Maintain oversight of access provisions to ensure TYF’s continued ability to access our most vulnerable and hard-to-reach beneficiaries;
- Coordinate with the Country Executive Director, Country Program Manager, Country Operations Manager on high risk advisor on crucial events, high-risk periods, incident reporting and any security policy changes;
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
8. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
- This position will manage a diverse team of national staff members at area offices, directly supervising, projects managers/ coordinators at the area level, operations, and security and administration staff.
9. Other duties as assigned.
4- EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor Degree preferably in project management or equivalent or any other related field.
- At least 5+ years of experience in a programmatic environment with areas such as health, shelter, CCCM, WASH, protection and Nutrition, or other relevant humanitarian sectors.
- Financial Management – develop and manage budgets, drive down costs wherever possible.
- Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions, expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage.
- Ability to manage and develop a positive and productive team.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to drive and motivate performance through effective coaching skills.
- Demonstrable and strong business acumen.
- Highly organized with the ability to adapt quickly to strategic change.
- Self-starter, who takes the initiative.
- Exceptional communicator.
- Ability to train and develop the skill and knowledge of direct reports.
- Effective problem-solving skills and conflict management capacity.
- Previous multi-site area/retail management experience.
- Excellent IT skills: proficient in all MS Office.
- Fluent in Arabic English language (both spoken & written).
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context is Preferred.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted to : Area Coordinator (humanitarianresponse.info)
- Deadline to send your application is: 20th of August 2022
- Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.
- The vacancy may close before the deadline. Until the employer fills the vacancy .
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل