Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 21 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
A thriving diverse Oxfam:
It’s people power that brings about change. To play our part as a global organisation working to overcome poverty and inequality, we need equality, diversity and inclusion across our community of staff, partners and volunteers. Together, we’re committed to becoming a more diverse workforce, better able to tackle the global challenges that face our world today.
To do that:
- We need to dismantle the unequal power structures that exist everywhere, this including Oxfam and the wider development and charity sectors.
- We need an inclusive Oxfam where everyone can bring who they are to our work and feels celebrated for the differences they bring.
- We want and need everyone, and that means we need you.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have at least five (5) years of proven experience of writing quality proposals and/or report submissions for institutional donors?
Do you have fluency in spoken and written English and proven communication skills with the ability to analyse, synthesise, and communicate complex issues?
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
The Proposal and Report Writer will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate the programme design, development and submission of high-quality project proposals, concept notes and expressions of interest to donors and affiliates, designating clear roles and responsibilities and ensuring inputs from key technical and field teams
- Quality check proposal submissions for language, grammar and narrative flow and cross-check narrative and budget documents for consistency and coherence
- Working with the Business Development and Funding Manager, DCD and all Programme Team Lead (PMs and Technical Leads) to respond timely on any query raised related to any submitted proposal. This include tracking for feedback whenever assigned by the BDM.
- Support the Business Development & Funding Manager to identify and secure funding from a diverse range of institutional, private, foundation and in-country donor sources
- Coordinate closely with the Business Development Manager & Funding Manager to maintain an up-to-date funding grid and pipeline analysis
- Support the country programme in ensuring that programme design is inclusive and includes a consultative, participatory and gender sensitive approach
- Support the coordination and review of quality donor reporting
- Working with the Business Development and Funding Manager to ensure 100% compliance with donor reporting requirement.
- Deliver Capacity building for Programme staff in the area of Proposal writing, and internal and donor report writing across the Country Program.
- Any other responsibilities to be assigned by the Line Manager from time to time in order to meet the demand and expectation of delivery results for funding team.
What we are looking for
Our next Prposal and Report Writer should meet the following requirements:
- At least five (5) years of proven experience of writing quality proposals and/or report submissions for institutional donors, specifically, DFID, ECHO, SIDA, DANIDA, BMZ and UN agencies (UNOCHA, UNDP, UNICEF, UNWomen).
- Excellent attention to detail and proven experience writing/editing documents for an external audience
- Bachelor degree in relevant field
- Fluency in spoken and written English and proven communication skills with the ability to analyse, synthesise, and communicate complex issues
- Willingness and ability to work within a multicultural, multilingual, and insecure environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including coordination, collaboration and negotiation
- Ability to manage time effectively, and adapt to competing priorities within tight deadlines
- Ability to deliver capacity building for other staff on proposal and report writing
- Understanding of and commitment to cross-cutting issues, including gender and protection
- Previous experience working in the non-profit sector
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in humanitarian sector, to act as key contributor to Yemen emergency response, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Length of contract:
1 year with possible extension upon performance and availability of funding.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work particularly well as a partially home-based role or job share.
How to Apply
Internal Portal: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/internal/vacancy/17473/description
External Portal: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/17473/description
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل