Data Management Assistant (EiE) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Data Management Assistant
Information Management Assistant for the USAID funded Education in Emergency (EiE) project, covering 9 districts in Aden and Lahj. This role, is dedicated to data collection, processing, documentation, analysis and monitoring all Save the Children’s EiE activities in the target areas in Aden and Lahj.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: USAID EiE Information Management Officer
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Needs Analysis and Program Design:
- • Participate in required project’s assessments
- • Contribute to situation analysis and participate actively in developing a child education strategy
- • Conducting field visits for data verification (checking the data reported matches reality)
- • When required, participating in reporting for external audiences (including donor).
- • Ensure that regular, timely and accurate data of students are collected and entered into the online SC system of IMPACT and the project’s database, as well as follow-up information.
- • Document all registered students and compile all registration forms according to the systemic procedures, and information management and reporting needs
- • Develop monthly updates, graphs and other illustrative, simple demonstrations of data showing the progress of the project, and share it with education staff through Project officers.
- • Analyse project information data per each NFE centre/class and illustrate the achievement for each month and quarter.
- • Provide feedback for the Program Coordinator and Project Officers about inconsistencies and inaccuracies in the project’s reports to be corrected and checked again with education staff against the up-to-date data available.
- • Report regularly NFE centres’ children’s data to the Program Coordinator.
- • Analyse the data and prepare reports against the indicators in the program’s MEAL plan to see the level of the achievement versus the targets.
- • Work closely with the schools registration unit to ensure that follow up registration and monitoring are done for all children who dropped out of school and update the project’s database accordingly.
- • Support the project’s NFE centres in creation of the required databases and backups for the student’s registration records.
- • Produce monthly, disaggregated statistics and qualitative updates of progress on the educational activities work for the project.
- • Ensure that the data provided are accurate and valid in all the reports and the project documents.
- • Ensure that the data related to children are safe and shared as per Save the Children’s procedures and policies.
- • Carry out her/his responsibilities and roles in a way which reflects Save the Children's commitment to safeguarding children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- • Comply with all relevant Save the Children’s policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- • Ensure the databases of Aden and Lahj are formed to be reflecting the required information and consistency.
- • Work closely with the Ministry of Education and other structures within Aden and Lahj that deal with data and could verify the project data.
- • Respond to data, information and repotting requests from other SCI departments in consultaion with the Program Coordinator.
- • Collaborate with MEAL and other data management staff in data collection, entry, processing and analysis related to the Project.
- • Prepare data, information and other related documents required for regular meetings with USAID, SC PDQ and Yemen Education Cluster (YEC).
- • Ensure all activities implemented by the Project are regularly and timely reported and visible to YEC and its members through their typical reporting forms such as 4W, online dashboard and the like.
- • Any other duties as assigned.
Other data entry
- • Regularly and systematically update information of education program achievements.
- • Ensure that the relevant reporting formats (IPTT, narrative) are updated and submitted in time to their usual audiences.
- • Any other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- • Bachelor degree in information management or relevant field
- • At least 3 years work experience in data management and a humanitarian context, with an NGO or UN organization
- • Computer literate (Strong skills in Microsoft office application (Word, Excel .... etc.)
- • Ability to do fast data entry and descriptive data analysis.
- • Good understanding of key areas of Child Protection, education and MEAL programming; knowledge of other sectors such as health is considered an asset.
- • Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and increase work hours in the event of emergencies.
- • Able to fluently write and communicate in Arabic and English
- • Ability to participate in data collection, feeding and reports generation.
- • Strong representational and communication skills.
- • Adaptability and flexibility.
- • Ability and willingness to be mobile.
- • Experience of working in an insecure environment
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- • No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- • All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- • Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for people with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل