Classification: Program Assistant
Department: Finance and Administration
Immediate : Office Director
Overall Supervision: Country Director
Summary of Job Description:
This position has primary responsibility for managing the Aden field office’s finances, including voucher preparation, payment disbursal, and, accounts reconciliation. The finance assistant also backstops the finance and admin staff as needed or requested by his/her immediate supervisor.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepares payments for supervisor review and Office Director or Country Director (CD) signature;
- Generates payments (via check or wire transfers) for approved vouchers or purchase orders;
- Prepares monthly social security and tax payments and updates social security and tax authority forms as necessary;
- Prepares monthly payroll (for employees and adjuncts) and ensures that liabilities are remitted appropriately;
- Enters vouchers daily into AMIDEAST’s database;
- Assists the Yemen Accountant in entering vouchers daily into an automated accounting system (Deltek CostPoint);
- Verifies EL income vouchers against receipts received and prepares funds for deposit;
- Works with the EL Officer to send the monthly book inventory to regional finance staff;
- Prepares the weekly cash position for Headquarters (HQ) Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and helps coordinate cash transfers as needed by preparing cash requests;
- Assists the Yemen Accountant in coordinating with HQ finance staff to prepare requested documentation for AMIDEAST’s annual financial audit;
- Responds to requests from the Regional Finance team in Egypt, the internal auditor, and AMIDEAST HQ’s accounting department as needed;
- Manages bank relationship and uploads bank statements on a monthly basis to comply with FBAR requirements;
- Conduct daily petty cash counts with the Cashier;
- Works with project staff to assure that project finances are in order and resolve any financial issues as needed;
- Backstops the Yemen Accountant, the Cashier, and the Admin Assistant as needed, performing his/her duties during absences or assisting during peak periods; and
- Other related duties as necessary and as assigned by his/her supervisors to assure the proper administration of the office.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Business Administration;
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office Suite;
- Careful attention to detail;
- Excellent English language and Arabic language skills;
- Ability to multitask to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work flexible hours, for example 8 A.M. to Noon and 4 P.M. to 8 P.M.;
- Ability to work in an international team environment; and
- Strong communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Work experience in an NGO, or private corporation;
- Minimum one-year professional work experience directly involved in field of business, customer service or marketing; and
- An ITP TOEFL score of 550 or higher.
Interested candidates should submit a statement of interest, a resume, university certificates, and two letters of recommendation to email@example.com by Sunday, Feb 25, 2018.