Contract duration: 10 months, extendable
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 600 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors.
The Human Resources Officer will process the monthly payroll, advance salaries, monitor employees leave and annual performance, keep track of all kind of trainings. S/He will be in charge of the medical insurance, check all medical claims and the monthly deductions….etc. The Human Resources Officer will be organized, and perform administrative and strategic hiring duties. S/He also have the crucial task of complying with all local and ADRA regulations.
The HR Officer will be responsible but not limited to:
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
- Assist in following the staff members to complete their performance appraisal, implement any increment on the salary based on the review.
- Assist in updating the utilization report on Employees Annual Appraisal and put the updated one in server.
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records
- Advising management and staff on a wide range of HR related matters.
- Respond to enquiries as appropriate within a reasonable time frame.
- Keep a track of all kind of taken trainings and assist in putting a plan to train employees by those who took training.
- Update the training tracking regularly, scan all certificates and keep soft and hard copy in the personal files.
- Update Leave Tracker for all staff and inform them monthly about the leaves balance.
- Manage Medical Insurance and ensure that all staff has medical insurance, contact medical insurance representative for any issue.
- Act as a focal point for all language training institute
- Receive and review the monthly time sheet for regular staff and follow the staff members to complete them.
- Supervise the process of updating the attendance report.
- Enroll the new staff in the social security insurance and exist the staff who left.
- Work as an effective member of the HR team, supporting and assisting colleagues and management when necessary.
- Manage various HR projects as directed by the Human Resources Manager and in line with HR objectives
- Any other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or a related field
- Three to five years of experience in a human resources position. Preferred to be in INGOs
- Organized and efficient in daily tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Great “people-person” skills and professional attitude
- Excellent computer skills
- General knowledge of employment laws and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skill
- Extremely flexible, and can cope with stressful situations
- The deadline for receiving applications is Monday, Feb 19, 2018
- Interested candidates shall send their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position