Ended Enumerators (10)
Department: Program Implementation
Reports To: Deputy Program Manager
Location: 03 enumerators in Aden (01 in Al Mullah, 01 in Dar Saad, 01 in Buraqa), 05 enumerators in Lahj (01 Tuban, 01 Al-Maqatira, 01 Musaymir, 01 Millah, 01 Qubaiytah) and 02 enumerators in Dhale (01 in Dhale and 01 in Azariq).
Through the Continued Recovery, Emergency Assistance, and Training Engagement in Yemen (CREATE Yemen) program, Global Communities aims to provide humanitarian assistance and early recovery need of vulnerable and conflict-affected populations in southern Yemen through a holistic approach to bolstering food security and livelihoods, improving water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) outcomes, and promoting economic opportunities in Aden, Lahj, and Dhale Governorates.
Objective 1: Improve household food security and livelihoods through the provision of agricultural inputs, including seeds, tools, and livestock;
Objective 2: Provide income generation opportunities for vulnerable households through market-driven vocational training, support to asset building groups, and cash-work-work opportunities; and
Objective 3: Improve community hygiene practices.
- Application should consist of a one-page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the CREATE program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Due to the program set up, candidates from South are preferable to apply for this position.
- Applications should be submitted to email@example.com; the subject line of the email should be the name of the position being applied for.
- Applications submitted after February 19, 2018 will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Field enumerator is primarily responsible for collecting field data, they have direct contact with respondents and have a great bearing on the quality of the data collected and ultimately on the quality of the output;
- Attend enumerator's training workshop
- Receive the data collection materials and iPad for Global Communities assigned staff
- Conduct Interviews with the respondents
- Comply with the requirements necessary for conducting a successful interview
- Ensure that the collected data is accurate and complete
- Post the completed questionnaire
- Return all the data collection tools received
Roles and Responsibilities
Previous experience in conducting surveys through electronic tools for data collections;
- Register the beneficiaries according to the nomination records via CREATE registration questionnaire throw Fulcrum application.
- Coordinate with Community Mobilizer team regarding registration plan and number of registered beneficiaries.
- Submit the complete forms throw Fulcrum application
- Highly organized individual, capable of handling multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, and managing the time effectively;
- Experience in utilizing technology tools and also poses the ability to master new technology tools, as required
- Able to use iPad keyboard, for extended periods of time.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion.
- Familiarity with the use of iPad
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team player
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Secondary degree or a bachelor's degree in sciences field and development studies are preferable.
- Degree in related field, with significant course components in either coordinating needs assessment, Conducting survey and so on.
Good in written and verbal Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively. Verbal and written English skills will consider as an asset.
Normal working hours, however, due to the nature of program activities and areas where the program will operate, the enumerators may experience times to work behind the schedule.
Length of contract is approximately 20 working days in length.
- Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line of the email should be the name of the position being applied for plus the specified governorate.