The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. Using right-based approaches, DRC has mainly focused on refugees, migrants and internally displaced People by conflict and natural disasters. Programs include WASH, protection, Food security/livelihoods and mine risks education, amongst others. DRC has hub offices in Sana’a, Aden, Amran and several sub-offices throughout Yemen. In response to the humanitarian needs and the resulting increase of conflict affected population in Yemen, DRC is seeking the services of a daily worker to support different programs and sections in all the country governorates.
- Assist in the implementation of baseline and KAP surveys and other data collection activities.
- Adapt hygiene education training package for school teachers and equipping them to provide hygiene education to students and WASH Clubs.
- Organize and implement school teacher trainings.
- Support the roll-out of hygiene education to students and to households.
- Adapt hygiene education training package for communities, with a range of topics including water safety, water storage, water treatment, food use and hygiene and care practices.
- Provide hygiene education to communities, adapted to the specific needs of men, women, boys and girls.
- Maintain links with community health volunteers to ensure nutrition screening in coordination with hygiene promotion.
- Liaise closely with the local representatives of the Ministry of Education, Health and GARWSP.
- Prepare the regular reports and progress update.
- Undertake other duties as required.
CVs of qualified candidates are invited at the below link by the 25th February 2018. Interviews will be conducted upon needed. Please statue your available location on the uploaded CV file. Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.