Documentation Assistant (Protection) (3)
Title of Position: Documentation Assistant (Protection) – (3 Positions)
Position Number: UNOPS Position
Category / Level: LICA-3
Salary: USD 1,132 per Month (Other Allowances)
Entry on Duty: 1st April 2018
Duration: Until 31 December 2018 (extendable)
Location: CO Sana’a
Date of Issue: 13 February 2018
Closing Date for Applications: 22 February 2018
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is mandated to provide protection (including assistance) for both refugees and IDPs. As of January 2017, there are 270,142 registered refugees and 9,069 asylum-seekers in Yemen.
UNHCR carries out refugee status determination (RSD) under its mandate and also provides health, education, shelter and legal assistance to recognized refugees, in addition to targeted assistance to extremely vulnerable households of asylum seekers.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment:
The Office requires staff to prepare summaries of individual case files for refugees and asylum-seekers and to input the summaries into a digital database.
The Documentation Assistant will assist in reviewing these files, extracting required information and entering a summary onto an electronic sheet. S/he may be required to travel to other UNHCR and partner locations to provide support when necessary.
- Ensure accurate and relevant summarized information is entered onto the KOBO sheet in English.
- Coordinate with the Filing assistant for efficient and timely retrieval of files.
- Ensure integrity and quality of data is entered into the computer database.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Integrity and quality of data entered into the computer database
- Physical files handling in line with file management standards operating procedures.
- Confidentiality of information.
- Report any technical errors in the system.
Monitoring and Progress Control:
- Provide detailed weekly report on number of files that have been summarized.
Essential minimum qualifications, professional experience and required competencies:
- Completion of secondary education.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Additional training relevant to functions of the position would be an asset.
- Fluency in English (reading and writing) is a must.
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Experience in information or records management (KOBO experience) would be an asset.
- Planning and Organizing
- Technological awareness
- Analytical Thinking
Interested candidates must fill a Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel). Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line should clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Senior Admin/Finance Officer
Address: UNHCR BO Sana’a, P.O. Box 12093
Tel. contact: +967-1-469771/2
Fax: +967-1-469 770
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Shortlisted candidates will be requested to sit for a test. No late applications will be accepted. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).