Deputy WASH PM-Soft
Action Contre la Faim (ACF), is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. ACF currently operates in 46 countries globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
Duration: to 31 of March 2018
Assignment: To support in identifying and implementing high quality WASH activities which are appropriate and comprehensive, in conformity with overarching strategy and the standards set internationally, by ACF and by national policies.
Objective 1 : Participate in assessment and ensure Monitoring tools are used properly and regularly.
- Assist the PM in Organizing and analysing the rapid needs and impact assessment, multi-sector assessments, PDM and or pre and post KAP surveys.
- Engage in Preparation of surveys formats, and , train HP software teams for data collection, storage and analysis.
- Ensure that beneficiaries are informed of the vulnerability, selection, and targeting and registration procedure; and regularly monitor adherence to selection and targeting criteria.
- Ensure that input and up to date beneficiary data are regularly monitored and properly stored.
- Ensure lists and beneficiary/distribution cards are ready and according to the criteria before distribution.
- Assist the PM and MEAL dep. in preparation and delivery of field feedback tools and mechanisms,
- Ensure software databases are regularly updated.
Objective 2 : Assist the PM in developing and adapting strategies to promote hygiene promotion and behaviour change.
- Assist the PM in regular reviews of HP and behaviour change approach, tools, modalities and guidelines, and propose activity quality improvement measures,
- Participate in Designing, planning and implementation of HP sensitization campaigns.
- Ensure implementation of the activities as defined by the Program Manager;
- Organize HF and community visits (including in OTP sites) to identify the deficiencies in terms of hygiene and WASH related mis-practices.
- Participate in the elaboration and improvement of community and HF training courses and guidelines adapted to the promotion of hygiene with the Program manager.
- Elaborate teaching tools (IEC materials) adapted to various groups of the targeted population.
- Apply the methodologies and technical guidelines defined for community hygiene promotion.
- Check and advise the season/program schedules of awareness raising activities.
- Organize internal evaluation missions and fully participate in the post distribution monitoring.
Objective 3 : Capacity Building
- Identify training needs in the software team, propose and decide with the PM.
- Organize and deliver different trainings to the Hygiene team .
- Mentor and provide on job training for the hygiene promotion team.
- Organize workshops and training for line office and local authorities, and project partners,
- Conduct Ad hoc accompanying the software teams during the training activities delivery at HF and community level, provide feedback and recommendation for improvements.
Objective 4: Organize, support and supervise the project software team.
- Manage the teams in the absence of the PM,
- Participate in the technical recruitment of the project software team as per needed ;
- Organize the work of the HOPs: optimize the distribution of tasks according to the members’ potentials.
- Regular follow up of team’s work schedule according to assigned tasks.
- Ensure technical support to the WASH software HOPs,
- Support software HoPs to establish Key informant networks in the various intervention districts,
- Evaluate and advice the Program Manager on project needs (HR, financial, logistics).
Objective 5 : Project implementation, Proposal writing and reporting
- Assist the PM in planning and reporting the software interventions, updating the monthly action planning,
- Follow the project’s advancement by regular field visits ;
- Propose solutions or improvements for better performance of the project and the field teams;
- Provide inputs to the proposal development,
- Perform regular weekly supervisory field visit accompanying the team during the implementation, provide onsite feedback and recommendation for further developments,
- Compile monthly report and contribute to the quarterly and final report.
- Participate in activities reporting, monthly and quarterly report writing.
Objective 6 : Represent the Organization when liaising with its partners:
- Explain the project’s activities and objectives to partners and the population.
- Establish contacts network and information,
- Develop contacts with partners, community leaders and key stakeholders to explain and promote the project.
- Act as a link between the Organization and the partners.
Degree or above public health, social studies or related fields –
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
experience in WaSH project management
Project management capacity – Ability to analyse and synthesize – Capacity to supervise a team – Organizational qualities – Diplomacy – Good relations with people – Flexibility – Dynamism, English Fluency (reading, listening and writing), report writing technical skills.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied for in the subject while submitting your application, to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 20 of February 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.