Medical Coordinator Support
Medecins Sans Frotières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believe. In 1999 MSF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in recognition of its work. Currently MSF works in more than 70 countries. For more information, visit our Arabic website, http://www.msfuae.ae/
Location: Sana’a with regular travel to the field.
Duration: 3 months (renewable upon need)
- Monitoring, supervising and evaluating the implementation of medical activities in the project, visiting projects according to preset schedule and participating in defining the human resources needs, materials and techniques. Assisting in the implementation of MSF protocols, (para) medical standards, the rules of hygiene and universal precautions in service.
- Assisting in the collection of information on national health policy (meetings, reports, articles, etc.), collecting and participating in the analysis of epidemiological data (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) from the projects
- Ensuring medical follow up of patients (treatment, improvement) in collaboration with the medical referent of the health structure and overseeing all medical expenses associated with the patient, in collaboration with the supervisors. Organize the administrative and medical information (reports, ongoing treatments), the discharge of patients and return to their homes
- Supporting and supervising the project teams and participating in the management of the medical team in the capital (recruitment, training, monitoring their work, vacation planning, assessments, etc.). Participating in briefings and debriefings of the (para) medical team members and promoting communication and active participation in the development of the project
- Applying the employee health policy and participating in the evaluation of hospital structures that can serve as reference structures for national and international staff. Participating in the medical monitoring of MSF personnel and overseeing all medical expenses associated with various consultations and hospitalizations in collaboration with the line manager
- Manages office and houses pharmacy and First aid kits for MSF staff
- Participating in the data collection and management from the projects as well as preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and organizing · data archiving and medical reports in the project
- Performing other duties at the request of Medco (exceptional strengthening of a field team, involvement in evaluations, etc.)
- Participate actively in reflections and discussions on the evolution of MSF programs in the mission, contributing with his/her background and experience to the improvement of overall performance, adapting it to the changing reality and context.
- Participates in the collection of medical information (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) and data (epidemiological data, statistics, etc.).
- Support projects’ development by answering medical questions from the field, participating in briefings and debriefings of medical staff and replacing temporarily a member of the field team when necessary, in order to keep a smooth functioning of the projects.
- In support of the medical coordinator, represent MSF in meetings or with different stakeholders. Assist the MedCo in the stakeholder mapping (organigram of MoH, etc.)
- Carry out medical follow-up of all MSF national and international staff in application of MSF staff health policies, supervising together with the administrator the medical expenses associated, in order to protect personnel’s health state while keeping close control to the resources required.
- Carry-out administrative (inventory and management of the medical operational library, archiving of data and medical reports, etc.), information gathering and data collection tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking.
- On the request of the Medical Coordinator, carries out extra tasks (one-off reinforcement for a field team, participation in an evaluation, etc.).
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Registered Medical Doctor diploma or equivalent in a related allied health
- Training or experience in tropical medicine and/or public health
- Experience in emergency health interventions/ working experience with MSF or international health NGOs will be desirable
- Epidemiological knowledge
- Excellent Computer Skills (word and Excel)
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Flexibility to travel to projects in Yemen when required
- Candidates fulfilling the above criteria should send their contact Details, CV and a covering letter before February 19th, 2018
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer – Both Women & Men are invited to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.
- Only applications sent through email will be considered, Hard copies delivered to the office will not be accepted