Consortium Program Manager
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a non-governmental organization created in 1993. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED respects a strict political and religious impartiality and operates according to non-discrimination and transparency principles.
ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations worldwide and to accompany them in the construction of a better future.
In order to guarantee the sustainability of interventions carried out during crises, only a long-term support - through a continued presence in the field after the emergency and the involvement of communities - enables us to break the poverty cycle and accompany the populations on their way to development.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Consortium Program Manager
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months
- Promote the vision, mission and interests of the consortium partners towards external stakeholders in Yemen.
- Represent the consortium toward the government authorities and therefore communicate with government authorities to promote the program as well as facilitate implementation;
- Represent and communicate with the donor about the consortium, as necessary;
- Attend government, UN, NGO and donor meetings and present ongoing consortium activities;
- Ensure the visibility of the consortium amongst humanitarian and government actors throughout the project;
- Effectively manage coordination with other actors (UN, NGOs) intervening in a similar sector;
- Effectively manage partnerships between the different parties of the consortium to ensure smooth collaboration;
- Ensure and promote regular and open/transparent communication between consortium partners;
- Regularly communicate with consortium Project Managers on project activities;
- Convene and chair regular (e.g. monthly, quarterly) consortium program working group meetings to discuss program issues, plan future programming, disseminate minutes and follow up on action points;
- Carry out weekly catch ups with consortium key focal points.
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent consortium strategy across all partners;
- Promote harmonization of approaches and methodologies across all consortium partners and locations by developing and monitoring use of common tools, as well as creating opportunities for experience sharing and learning;
- Support finance, logistic and compliance departments in coordination with consortium partners when necessary.
Project Cycle Management:
- Define project implementation modalities and methodologies (including, but not limited to technical specifications, identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution and sensitization);
- Organize project kick-off, review and close-out meetings;
- Together with the Project Managers of consortium partners, plan the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives.
Project Implementation Follow-up:
- Oversee and monitor the work of consortium partners, ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project implementation;
- Support the Project Managers of each partner to implement all aspects of the project;
- Conduct regular follow-up of work plans, identify and address any delays in a timely and effective manner;
- Monitor output achievement, and ensure a timely completion of the project.
- Liaise with finance, logistic and compliance departments to ensure effective and efficient support to project teams and consortium partners.
Project Quality Control:
- Conduct periodic field visits to validate progress reports, identify problems and issues to address during Program Working Group meetings and make recommendations for improvement;
- Liaise with the Consortium AME Manager to ensure the project progress is effectively monitored through regular data collection, analysis of indicators and activities and documented with proper sources of verification;
- Advise consortium Project Managers to adapt implementation of the project according to monitoring and evaluation findings;
- Advise on and assist with project reviews conducted by internal and external monitoring and evaluation team;
- Coordinate and lessons learned sessions between consortium partners and between governorate teams.
- Ensure that contractual obligations are met in terms of project deliverables;
- Liaise with Project Development department to ensure the activities are implemented according to the approved donor and partnership agreement;
- Ensure that donor rules and procedures are understood and respected by all parties with regards to program implementation;
- Support in the collection of narrative reports and logframe updates from consortium members for donor reporting;
- Coordinate with consortium partners for inputs on documentation for any project modifications, including budget revisions, amendments or extensions.
- A university degree, ideally in the health sector, or significant relevant work experience
- Minimum 3-year experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with a non-governmental organization
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity (esp. gender and ethnicity) is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (e.g. beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members)
- Leadership and organizational skills are required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in changing circumstances
- Fluency in Arabic and English required
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point) required
- The selected candidate will be able to demonstrate capacity to show initiative, plan ahead for multiple activities and potential challenges, anticipate problems before they arise and demonstrate problem-solving abilities
- Send CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: " Consortium Program Manager"
- The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 27th of February, 2018
- Candidates must rename CV & Covering letter as (First & Surname + Consortium Program Manager).
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualificatio