Finance Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Description (Yemeni national)
Part of the Evangelisches Werk für Diakonie und Entwicklung e.V. (EWDE), one of the biggest welfare institutions in Germany, Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH) is a non-government organisation that supports people affected by natural disasters, war and displacement in 36 countries across the world.
DKH delivers it’s support through a global network of partner organisations. DKH aims at strengthening local partners by building their administrative and technical capacities to deliver the highest quality programming standards.
DKH has been operational in Yemen since June 2019, working with government agencies, national partner organisations, and the wider humanitarian community to provide emergency response and resilience building initiatives across the country.
PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT
The Finance Coordinator will support in the overall set up and management of finance and administration systems as well as for management of all grants. S/he will ensure that cash-management systems, policies and procedures are set up in accordance with DKH and donor requirements. s/he will support in budgeting; grant monitoring and compliance, contracts and cooperative agreements and reporting. Increase the capacity of the national finance staff by providing the necessary trainings and support.
TERMS OF REFERENCE & Scope of Work
- Duty Station: Aden, Yemen
- Name of Position: Finance Coordinator
- Main functions: Finance Management
- Reporting to: Finance and Admin Manager
- Time Frame : 1 Jan 2022 – 31 Dec 2022
Purpose of the Position / Overall Task
Provide financial support on DKH operations and donors funding. The coordinator works under the supervision of Finance and Admin Manager (FAM) and provide support to the Finance officer and Compliance Associate. Cover the absence of the finance Manager
Description of Tasks
Budgeting and Accounting:
o Preparing and reviewing budgets, and donor financial reports (monthly, quarterly, annually) for DKH office
o Supervising and auditing all payables and receivables, the preparation of vouchers, bills, invoices and supporting documents for entry into the computerized accounting system (QuickBooks)
o Summarize and forecast DKH Yemen’s financial cash flow and prepare fund requests as required
o Ensure the accuracy of the cash in bank and petty cash
o Provide guidance to finance officer and compliance associate when needed.
o Ensuring that all financial, and project related paper-based and electronic records, files, folders, and documents in an accurate and orderly manner.
o Advise management on all aspects of financial management, donor funding and proposals’ including donor compliance issues.
o Manage cash flow and donor income claims
Risk Management & Compliance:
o Supervise and support the compliance Associate in checking the partners supporting documents
o Develop systems of internal controls for funds and assets and Flag potential areas of financial compliance vulnerability and risk to the Country Representative
o Ensure correct and thorough application of accountancy procedures by the DKH team, including filing of documents, allocation of expenses, vouchers registration, balance checking, etc.
o Ensure appropriate and secure record keeping for financial transactions in line with DKH Stander, and statutory requirements.
o Identify, orient, and train the finance and administration staff.
o Ensure that local legal requirements are being met. (Eg tax compliance, registration etc)
o Ensure that administrative systems are in place so that information is readily accessible to managers regarding budgets, grants, contracts, and agreements.
o Any other duties requested by the supervisor
QUALIFICATION, EXPERTISE AND SKILLS
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a busy Finance department, including managing large back-donor funded budgets. Experience in Yemen is an advantage;
- (Certified) Accountant or Relevant university degree in finance, accounting, economics, business administration or related subject;
- Strong knowledge in accounting software, financial tools and management (Preferably QuickBooks)
- Sound knowledge of and skills in dealing with multiple currency contexts, including those with high inflation:
- Good understanding of humanitarian principles and other key principles of international NGOs including accountability, impartiality, neutrality, independence;
- Languages: Fluent in written and spoken English. Arabic is a strong asset;
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills, ability to listen, to organize and to present information, views and concepts in a concise, understandable and interesting way for a variety of audiences, both written and oral;
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environments & ability to perform tasks with sensitivity to the local culture, to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socio-economic, educational, ethnic and professional backgrounds;
- Experience in working in fast changing contexts of sensitive political nature while remaining organized, detail oriented, and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Proactively working with excellent problem-solving skills;
- Team player with outstanding personal attitude: especially sense of responsibility, diplomacy, concern for quality, result orientation;
- Outstanding personal values: integrity, commitment, respect for diversity, patience, and sense of humour.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES
DKH team members are expected to support all efforts for increased accountability towards the beneficiaries while actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of projects.
Female candidates and candidates from minority groups are particularly encouraged to apply to ensure diversity within the organization, reflective of the whole of Yemen society.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل