Operations and Admin Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
SCOPE OF WORK
Chemonics International Inc.
TITLE: Operations and Admin Manager
This position is based in Aden, Yemen. This position may require periodic travel outside Aden.
Based in Aden, the Operations and Admin Manager will manage a team of approximately two staff responsible for managing the operations, logistics, administration, and grants management for the Josoor and YSF projects
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Operations and Logistics
- Assist the Deputy Team Leader in supervising the day-to-day field presence in all of Josoor’s areas of operations, including Sana’a and Aden, (including the project's facilities such as office space, equipment and project vehicles), administration, logistics, procurement, and property.
- Ensure that office facilities in all areas of operation are fully operational at all time, and maintain regular communication with administrative and support staff in field office(s) to ensure consistency and provide additional support.
- Supervise operations and procurement to ensure that project facilities and equipment are appropriately maintained according to Chemonics’ best practices, the client’s rules and regulations, and the local law.
- Ensure consistency in office administration practices and that the office functions according to Chemonics systems and practices. Perform site audits and inform the Deputy Team Leader of any problems or issues arising in this regard.
- Work with home office IT team to ensure the IT and communications systems are fully functioning at all times.
- Maintain a filing system in electronic and hard copy format for technical, logistics/procurement and administrative documents. Work with the field and home office staff to ensure electronic filing system is in proper order and fully populated for efficient administration of the project.
- Develop and maintain basic administrative systems to ensure compliance with the client and Chemonics policies.
- Assist with field office recruitment, including drafting job descriptions, posting ads, and setting up interviews.
- Ensure project compliance with government and Chemonics home office human resource practices related to recruitment and hiring. Maintain personnel records in compliance with the client’s regulations and local laws, including leave accrual and use, and ensuring timesheet accuracy.
- Draft employment contracts for field employees and ensure compliance with local labor laws.
- Review petty cash fund, including disbursing of funds, recording expenses and ensuring receipts are received.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Deputy Team Leader and as needed.
Support Grants Management
Provide the support for grants team whenever on ad hoc need as a backup in the absence of grants specialist, this includes:
- Support the development, implementation, and administration of the Grants program, providing support at programme level in terms of compliance and grants management
- Provide support in reviews grant packages/ grantee’s financial reports and prepares payment requests incompliance with Chemonics procedures and the client’s regulations.
- As needed, participates and assists in assessing grantee capacity and participates in grant kick-off meetings to serve as a resource for any questions related to grant administration and compliance
- Support in the production of grant agreements and modifications, supervising the compliance and financial documentation and support technical aspects and general grants management;
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic reports to the client on progress towards programme results
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Qualifications and Equivalent Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or a related field strongly preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of donor regulations and compliance strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in managing the operations of donor-funded projects. Experience in finance/accounting is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in managing a grants portfolio on a donor-funded project.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets and preparation of graphs, tables, charts with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Professional proficiency in English and Arabic required.
The Operations and Admin Manager will report to the Deputy Team Leader.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل