Area Logistics Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Area Logistics Assistant - Aden
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb,Dhamar, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah, Al Jawf and Marib.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Area Logistics Assistant
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
- Receives OFs for local purchases from the concerned requester after authorization;
- For ready-signed Framework agreement, to issue purchase orders (PO) and send to capital office if needed for approvals;
- Requests price quotations and legal documents from various suppliers;
- Verifies all needed information in quotations;
- Procures the requested items in the shortest possible lead-time and against the most advantageous cost whilst taking into account that quality of the goods must remain within ACTED standards;
- Ensures follow up of the purchasing process until delivery of the goods and ensures official handover of items against signature of receipt;
- Understands and fully adheres to ACTED purchasing procedures and financial rules and uses these to ensure transparent and accountable purchasing activities;
- Participates in developing coherent purchasing strategies and implementing these within the guidelines of ACTED purchasing rules;
- Handles petty cash purchases upon requests;
- Provide any support for the good functioning of ACTED Logistics department whenever requested by ACTED Management;
- Runs market surveys on requested items with suppliers registered in the supplier database and with new suppliers;
- Gets involved in the development of the Supplier Database by collecting legal documents and registering suppliers;
- Ensures the received quantity in the waybill(s) corresponds with the purchase documents and Order Form (OF);
- Drafts Stock-in and Completion Certificates and get them signed by the right signatories.
- Create separate binders for each reporting documents and file them after final confirmation of capital logistic;
- Follow-up procurement & supplies with logistic area team and main office in Sanaa;
- Create documentation for RFQ/RFP and national/international tenders and framework agreement procurements and send to HQ Paris;
- Follow up with Tender advertisements, launch tender openings and create procurement related documents for all opened tenders;
- Create follow up paper work for closed tenders;
- Liaise with base level logistic officers for all tender related procurements.
Delivery Follow up
- To ensure all procurement has been followed by delivery follow up (waybills, reception vouchers and packing list);
- To follow with field to send the signed waybill, reception vouchers and packing list after delivery immediately;
- To attach and file each delivery forms (waybill, reception voucher and packing list) with each relevant purchase documents in designated folder;
- To ensure the received quantity in the waybill(s) corresponds with the purchase documents and Order Form (OF);
- To ensure the proper storage and reporting of all stock items.
- Procures goods and services for office/guesthouse maintenance upon request from Premises Assistant and/or Sr Area Logistics Officer;
- Follows-up maintenance needs and goods stock in offices;
- Supervises suppliers during maintenance works in offices.
- Order Form follow up weekly reports.
Skills and Experience Required
- Prior experience in Logistics, Procurement, or Supply Chain. Knowledge of the humanitarian sector and international experience would be an asset;
- Holding or working towards a qualification in logistics, procurement, supply chain, business administration, or similar. Experience or knowledge of one or more of the following areas would be an additional asset, construction, food supply, inventory and property management, technology, transport, water, sanitation and hygiene services;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines;
- Diligent, dedicated, and able to see complex procedures through to completion;
- Able to communicate complex information clearly, with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivated, able to work independently or as part of a team;
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word);
- Staff may subject to do field visits for areas to facilitate logistics and operations such as procurements, Training and any other activities as per requested by the line manager for a period up to 3 weeks maximum;
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably assigned by supervisors.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل