Field Officer (Mental Health) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Field Officer (Mental Health)
- Category: Development/UN/NGOs
- Deadline: October 26, 2021.
- Position: Field Officer (Mental Health)
- Location: Shabwah governorate (Ataq), with frequent field visits to supported sites
- Reports to: Project Coordinator (Health & Nutrition)
- Reference: HR-21-89
- Duration: 8 months
- Note: Position is open for Yemeni Nationals only.
Relief International is a humanitarian and development non-profit agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development assistance to communities worldwide. RI partners with communities in fragile settings to save lives and build resilience, dignity, and long-term well-being. All communities in fragile settings can achieve long-term well-being.
The Field Officer (Mental Health) will support design and development of the foundations of mental health interventions for RI in Yemen and contribute for a culture and practice of high-quality Mental Health programming in emergencies. This position is governorate based and will be based in Shabwah (Ataq).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Supports quality program design and implementation, including through research and documentation of best practices and approaches;
- • Contributes to training curricula development and implementation of capacity building trainings;
- • Supports the development of guidance documents, operational procedures, case studies, models and other materials related to mental health and psychosocial support for internal and external dissemination;
- • Establishes and maintains an internal library of mental health resources;
- • Establishes and maintains a mental health community of practice among the different program staff;
- • Supports the development and implementation of staff wellbeing initiatives (as per RI duty of care policies);
- • Supports development, monitor implementation, and analysis of mental health assessment tool for use with field offices to evaluate the level of mental health capacity per facility;
- • Supports the development and implementation of mental health workshops for external stakeholders and mental health for clinical staff in HF’s as needed, provides mental health technical support to the Yemen program;
- • Conduct routine monitoring, regular supervision and provides in-the-job mentorship to supported MHPSS services providers;
- • Participate to surveys, assessments, evaluations design, organization as well as data collection and analysis as required.
- • Supports the development of training and awareness materials on mental health for staff at the supported HFs, community outreach stakeholders, awareness teams and other RI Yemen program components.
Qualifications and requirements:
- • Master’s degree or higher in mental health, psychology, social work, counseling or related field with post-licensure experience particularly in one of the four specializations: Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Social work (with additional psychological therapy qualification), Psychiatry (with additional psychological therapy qualification)
- • Minimum of two years of professional experience in implementing emergency response programs in Yemen;
- • Experience with emergency mental health/crisis interventions;
- • Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- • Knowledge of global mhGAP guidelines and best practices;
- • Knowledge of mhGAP approaches in low resource and humanitarian contexts;
- • Research and/or monitoring experience preferred;
- • Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
- • Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues;
- • Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team;
- • Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems;
- • Proficiency in Excel, SPSS, or another statistical analysis software preferred;
- • Excellent oral and written Arabic language communication skills required;
- • Proficiency in oral and written English will be desirable.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence as well as “Do No Harm.” We value:
- • Integrity
- • Adaptability
- • Collaboration
- • Inclusivity
- • Sustainability
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل