Nutrition Specialist (اخصائي تغذية) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Contract type: Fixed term (full time)
Contract duration: 6 months subject to fund availability.
Duty Station: based in Hajjah sub-office with frequent visits for project field sites in Khayran Al Muharraq & Aslam districts in Hajjah governorate.
Report directly to: Project Manager.
Work with: Data Entry, pharmacist, Health field assistants, MEAL officer, public health officer, Logistic officer , Finance Officer, Health workers and CHVs.
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-proﬁt and nongovernmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conﬂict. aﬀected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conﬂict-aﬀected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; . Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance
NFDHR is implementing “Emergency Response Project in Health and Nutrition to the Vulnerable IDPs and host communities in Hajjah and Hodeida” which is funded by UNOCHA and designed with the aim to cover the gap for people in acute need through life-saving assistance of Health and Nutrition in the targeted districts and ensuring accessibility to humanitarian assistance among the most vulnerable IDPs and the host communities in Khayran Al Muharraq & Aslam districts in Hajjah and in Al Garrahi and Bayt al-faqih Districts in Hodeida governorates.
This project goal is to further enhance and improve the sustainability of the health care system and maintain the currently established level of services provided to the community through the provision of an integrated approach, prioritizing the most vulnerable population (pregnant and lactating women, under-five children, IDPs who are merged in the hosting community and host communities) and ensure quality health services through the project activities.
Nutrition specialist will be directly S/he will be responsible for the supervision of the Nutrition activities in the districts level, responsible for implementing the action plan and following up field staff, Preparing the Monthly and Timely reports to H&N Project manager, supervising the technical staff with frequent visits to the field to ensure the quality of implementation of the nutrition component of the health and nutrition project in the project targeted health facilities in Khayran Al Muharraq & Aslam districts in Hajjah Governorate.
The Nutrition specialist is also responsible for the coordination with authorities and key stakeholders to ensure the smooth implementation of nutrition activities of the project.
S/ he is responsible to follow up the CHVs work in the communities and prepare an effective mechanism to mobilize and engage the communities, s/he is responsible to prepare for the training for the health worker on the nutrition activities and conduct regular on job training and mentoring for nutrition health worker at the HFs level, S/ He is responsible for reviewing and submitting the nutrition reports to project management and relevant cluster. The post holder will be directly reporting to Project Manager. This position is full-time, based on a 40-hour work week, but varies from week to week as humanitarian need constantly oscillates according to the unstable conﬂict environment and funding availability.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Follow up on nutrition program targets are met using indicator tracking table which must be updated on a monthly basis.
- Evaluate activity progress and determine necessary actions to course correct in collaboration with nutrition staff and sometimes with other sectors such as Health and M&E.
- Provide program reports that are timely and meet NFDHR and donor requirements. S/he is ultimately responsible for all relevant donor reporting for the nutrition activities.
- Spend significant time at field sites to ensure quality nutrition services are provided.
- Collaborate with support or operations teams to ensure sound administrative practices with regards to staff management, record keeping, and compliance with donor regulations, timely procurement, safety and good communication.
- Ensure project quality in line with the nutrition strategy through establishment of a system of regular supervision, feedback and improvement for staff delivering CMAM and IYCF services.
- Identify gaps and make adjustments to programming to ensure NFDHR is meeting targets and being responsive to new nutrition needs in the communities.
- Build staff quality and competencies through on-the-job coaching, mentoring, and one on one meetings. S/he will also monitor staff performance on a regular basis through performance evaluations.
- Ensure the quality of data by supporting data management staff on proper entry, cleaning and regular checking.
- Ensure the diagnosis and treatment of patients are based on standard CMAM procedures (Yemen and international guidelines)
- Ensure that community-based activities, nutrition screening, nutrition education, and defaulter tracing are properly conducted
- Monitor evolving needs of the target communities and adjust the programmatic priorities as necessary.
- Provide coaching and technical supervision of Nutrition staff .
- Conduct the training needs of nutrition staff and ensure that appropriate training is conducted.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Professional degree, preferably at the University degree in Medicine (desirable in Public Health) or advanced degree (Master) in nutrition (preferred)
- Three years professional experience in similar field.
- Experience developing staff capacity
- Accomplish all related tasks through ERP System.
- Working through Portal 365.
- Ability to write clear and concise periodic reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually) to meet required reporting deadlines.
- Able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Competence with Windows, Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in unstable security environments
- Proficient in English language (written and spoken), Ability to speak Arabic is highly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل