Humanitarian Access & Liaison Officer
Humanitarian Access & Liaison Officer – Aldhalee
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries with 300 international staff and 4,400 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Al Hodeidah, Raymah, Al Dhale’e, Saadah, Al Jawf, Aden, and Dhamar.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Humanitarian Access & Liaison Officer
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 3 months
- Analyze the parameters of the working environment by assessing the nature of the threats and ACTED vulnerabilities in relation to the emergency situation;
- Collect the necessary data and information to develop a comprehensive risk assessment;
- Monitor the political, social, economic and military situations and identify trends relevant to security situation;
- Contribute to developing a safety and security culture within the mission by addressing and helping staff to address safety and security related issues;
- Ensure that security planning becomes an integral part of day-to-day operations and is integrated into the development of future programs;
- Assist with the strategic and operational analysis and assessments, and with the refinement of program strategies;
- Perform security risk assessments or evaluation missions to the field and regularly review safety and security procedures.
- Staff/Program and Premises Safety/Security:
- Secures ACTED premises and personnel and ensure monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting office compound, equipment, and access points and entry gates;
- Ensure ACTED compounds are safe and secure, fences and gates are strong enough and maintained to prevent unauthorized entries;
- Ensure Security guards are well aware of their responsibilities and present 24/7 on duty;
- Take appropriate security/safety measurements to limit and mitigate the security/safety risk and damages of ACTED premises;
- Monitor on regular basis and ensure ACTED offices and GHs are well equipped with fire extinguishers, first aid kits, emergency contact list and other premise security equipment as per context;
- Monitor on regular basis and ensure security guards have access to basic security equipment (torch, mobile phone + charger and credit and ACTED emergency contact list.
- Ensure there is a safe area for fleet parking, drivers alerted for any evacuation in an immediate notice;
- Conduct Security assessment of ACTED new premises before ACTED goes with lease contract signatures;
- Conduct area security assessment for activities sites and send analysis report to Area coordinator before any activity implementation.
- Identify an exit route for all distribution points, arrange transportation and safety measurements to evacuate staff.
Transport/movement Safety and Security:
- Ensure all vehicles are equipped with updated fire extinguishers, first aid kits and ACTED emergency numbers, if not, inform fleet assistant and HR Dept. to update;
- Ensure all cars seat belts are working and staff members are following the safety instruction;
- Monitor with the fleet assistant team the cars movement and speed limit of the vehicles;
- Ensure all ACTED Drivers are aware of the safety regulations and ACTED security policy;
- Monitor staff movement in the field in coordination with the Capital security Department.
- Ensure staff are always updated on the security situation in the area – by e-mail, SMS or other existed communication system;
- Communication is the main pillar of security; ensure always to maintain solid communication with staff, security organization and other stakeholders at Area level and value any information, even based on rumors and pass to direct supervisor;
- Ensure that communication tools and equipment are functioning well and in working condition;
- Ensure communication means available are available, fully charged;
- Coordinate with Local security organizations in the area, attend the Security meetings if any, and Provide meeting minutes and briefings;
- Update area coordinator on Security situation in the field;
- Follow up of SIR (Security Incident Report) with area coordinator;
- Consolidate Security Monthly report and analysis (titanic);
- Provide new staff with regular security briefings and updates and ensure that all staff follow security procedures;
- Ensure that ACTED’s security management plans are relevant and constantly updated as appropriate and that all staff know their roles and responsibilities;
- Write regular security management reports with situational analysis and recommendations.
- Identify with support of HR department Security and Safety training for staff (both National and international);
- Ensure all staff are aware of ACTED Country Security Plan, Country Security context and ACTED security Operation procedures (SOPs).
- Act as liaison focal point for the governorate and Provide day to day liaison with Government counterparts of the project at national and support to the local level and program team;
- Liaise with government authorities, community groups, NGOs to better plan and coordinate base activities at the base level;
- Attend regular meetings and sharing reports with liaison department (Executive Unit, MOPIC, MOI, Governors and other authorities as requested by area coordination);
- Responsible for obtaining movement and program implementation clearances from local authorities at governorate level;
- Liaise and communicate with other ACTED bases as needed;
- Initiate information-gathering meetings with other actors as requested by the Area coordinator, liaison department and country coordination;
- Initiate information-gathering meetings with other actors in bases area as requested by area and country coordination and liaison manager;
- follow up sub agreement and permits process with MOPIC and EXU;
- follow up MOUs with the projects team and prepare it during the beginning of the projects.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Minimum two years of experience in security management;
- Experience of working in a similar role with an international non-governmental organization (INGO);
- Fluency in Arabic and English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of other languages would be preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required;
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity (esp. gender and ethnicity) is required;
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
How to Apply
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: “Humanitarian Access & Liaison Officer - Aldhalee” rename your CV and Cover letter as: First & Last name Humanitarian Access & Liaison OFFICER).
- The closing date for applications is Thursday, 23 September 2021.
- Candidates from Aldhalee governorate are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل