MEAL Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Organization name: Yemen Red Crescent Society – Amran Branch
Duration: Till December 31, 2021 renewable based on fund availability and performance
Location: Amran Governorate
Vacancy Positions: one
Job Title: MEAL Assistant
Work system: Full Time
Closing Date: October 20, 2021
Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS) was established in 1968 as part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The YRCS is a voluntary humanitarian organization, which works to alleviate the pain and suffering of society members without discrimination in times of peace and war, during natural and man-made disasters. The YRCS operates independently thought the country as an aid organization for official bodies in the field of humanitarian services in accordance with the provision of the Yemeni Constitution, the Geneva Convention and the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The main responsibility for this position is providing technical support in all areas of monitoring and evaluation including rigorous field monitoring, data collection, analysis, assessments, surveys, and learning activities. The position holder will work closely with the team in conducting field monitoring and facilitate the collection of quality data. S/he will also provide ongoing support in reviewing and preparing progress reports. The M& E Assistant will also be responsible for promoting reflective practices at the field level through organizing learning sessions. The incumbent is also responsible for implementing the Complaint, Feedback, and Response mechanism.
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures to evaluate the work.
- Create MEAL plan for the project, taking into consideration the required indicators and other information useful for project monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop the necessary tools and forms for need assessments, data collection and monitoring and evaluation of data.
- Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output.
- Coordinate and oversee the development and maintenance of appropriate databases to accurately track data collected from fields across project activities.
- Prepare and submit regular, timely, and quality MEAL project reports and provide monitoring and evaluation findings and recommendations to support performance planning and risk analysis.
- Suggest strategies to Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project.
- Undertake regular field visit to monitor and supervise project implementation, identify bottlenecks and success stories.
- Organize, collect, compile and document all MEAL-related data and files, ensuring that all records are properly organized and stored.
- In collaboration with the project team, identify and document programmatic successes, best practices, challenges and lessons learned.
- Participate in the project log-frame update, follow up of project plan, monitor project output/ outcome indicators and assess progress made against targets while considering project quality, and provide timely feedback.
- Regularly collect case studies, success stories, and human-interest stories that tell an interactive story of the development impact of project activities Prepare lessons learnt from the project activities.
- Collect and archive photos received from the field, various reports and any other relevant documents with high confidentiality electronically and physically
- Carry out quantitative and qualitative data collection activities at field level through surveys, interviews, questionnaires, focus group discussions with IDPs in the targeted sites.
- Any other duties assigned by the superior.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Business Management, Development Studies, Information Management, Information Technology or any other relevant field.
- Advanced skills in data management (Advance Access/Excel) and capacity in info-graphics software.
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, preferred for Protection and CCCM projects.
- Very good command of written and spoken English and Arabic
- Ability to write good quality reports.
- Excellent report writer – ability to develop high quality reports and accurately analyze MEAL data.
- Ability to interact with field teams and provide remote support on information and data collection and management.
- Adopt a proactive approach to problem solving and work prioritization.
- Takes responsibility and initiative for finding out things and expanding own knowledge
Values and Competencies
- Respect and act in line with the YRCS staff regulations, Code of Conduct and the Fundamental Principles and Values of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Services, Unity, Universality).
- Ensure and maintain the core competencies required to implement the tasks (a high degree of integrity, accountability, commitment to YRCS capacity building, a high level of technical capacity to ensure results and working effectively in teams and sharing knowledge and best practices through good communication skills).
- A good team player having knowledge and skills on group dynamics.
- Respect cross cultural environment as well as views of co-workers.
- Ensure management competencies to achieve objectives with enhanced planning and coordination capacities.
- In good mental & physical health, high level of stress tolerance etc.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل