Ended Security Guards
International Relief and Development, (IRD), is a non-profit organization specializing in international development and humanitarian assistance in over 40 countries and has been working in Yemen for six years. IRD has been working with communities in the Republic of Yemen since 2010 to identify and address underlying causes of conflict, promote community participation and activism, improve health and hygiene, assist refugees and asylum-seekers, and provide third-party monitoring for donor-supported infrastructure improvements. IRD Yemen is seeking to fill the following position to implement its Programs in Yemen:
Job Title: Security Guards (Yemeni-Refugee)
Function: Security and Safety
Location: Sana’a – IRD-Yemen-Community Centers
Duration: Ten Months
Under the supervision of the Security and Logistic Officer and The Community Center Management, the security guard is responsible for all Security and Safety duties at the Refugee Community Centers under the Community Based Support Program VII.
Under the direction of the Security and Logistic Officer and the Community Center Management, the security guard will:
- Control public access to the community center
- Perform inspection, detection referral services and connect eligible refugees to the community center;
- Record and report all referrals;
- Perform indoor and outdoor patrols and screening duties on site;
- Inform the Community Centre Management, the Security and Logistics Officer , and the Liaison Officer about any security incidents in the Community Centers;
- Coordinate with security colleagues to ensure that the community centers are guarded at all times;
- Assist employees, guests and contractors on site in complying with security and access procedures;
- Have regular interaction with the refugees taking a participatory approach to allowing their views;
- Undertake, as necessary, conflict mediation with families and/or communities;
- Undertake and ensure completion of any other activities related to the project as requested by the program management.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Education: Completed Secondary Education; Military College or Police Academy would be an asset.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 1 to 3 years of progressively responsible security experience.
- Languages: For this post, fluency in Arabic required; knowledge of English and other refugee communities languages a plus.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
The closing date for applications is Saturday, March 17th, 2018.
*Refugee females are highly recommended to apply.