Outreach Worker Volunteers (6)
International Relief and Development, (IRD), is a non-profit organization specializing in international development and humanitarian assistance in over 40 countries and has been working in Yemen for six years. IRD has been working with communities in the Republic of Yemen since 2010 to identify and address underlying causes of conflict, promote community participation and activism, improve health and hygiene, assist refugees and asylum-seekers, and provide third-party monitoring for donor-supported infrastructure improvements. IRD Yemen is seeking to fill the following position to implement its Programs in Yemen:
Job Title: (6) Outreach Worker Volunteers (Refugees)
Function: Refugees Community Services
Location: Sana’a – IRD-Yemen-Community Centers
Duration: Ten Months
Under the supervision of the Outreach Workers’ Supervisor , the Outreach Worker is responsible to handle all Outreach forms on a daily basis in the IRD Main office under the Community-Based Support Program VII.
Under the supervision of the Outreach Worker`s Supervisor, the Outreach Workers will:
1. Monitor the protection needs and gaps, timely information gathering and reporting.
2. Identify and refer PWSNs to appropriate services and assistance.
3. Report the findings of their identification and monitoring activities to the focal point(s) in the partner agency managing OWs.
4. Improve the communities’ capacities to identify and respond to GBV and Child Protection cases.
5. Monitor gaps in education, health and other sectors through strengthened capacity of the OWS in relevant thematic areas.
6. Map out specialized services provided by the humanitarian agencies.
7. Assist in conducting community-based activities such as awareness raising sessions and Focus Group Discussions (FGDs).
8. Attend the regular meetings organized by UNHCR and partner agencies.
9. Build the trust between UNHCR, UNHCR’s IPs and the refugee community.
10. Report to IRD on persons with specific needs according to standardized and contextualized specific needs codes and applicable combinations.
11. Inform IRD of persons not registered who are in an emergency situation.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Education: High school or any other relevant field
- Work Experience: at least Proven computer literacy (Advanced Excel, Word and Windows skills)
- Languages: fluency in Arabic and/or English is essential, Oromo, Somali and any other refugee languages are a plus.
Applicant should send a CV and covering letter in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line of the email should include the title of the position
Closing date: Saturday, March 17th, 2018.