Communication Officer (2)
CARE International is currently seeking a Communication Officer this position reports to the Policy, Communications, and Information (PCI) Coordinator and is mainly responsible for developing and disseminating CARE's products and also to ensure that CARE’s communications are effective, targeted and credible.
Communication Officer (2 Position)
He/She is responsible to coordinate and support in developing communication materials such as press releases, articles, photo diaries, and human interest stories; and work with the program team and other stakeholders in managing and implementing events/campaigns. This position ensures that annual communication plans are developed; communication is monitored; and communication standards are adhered to and upheld. The position holder will develop and foster high standards of publications and other communication and oversee the production of key communications resources for donor and public engagement. S/he will contribute to the strengthening of external relationships, particularly with other stakeholders including donors, UN agencies, peer INGOs, national NGOs, and civic societies.
Communication Strategy Development:
- Under the guidance of the PCI Coordinator, lead the development and implementation of an integrated communications strategy and annual operating plan aligned to internal and external organizational priorities
- Contribute to the development and delivery of communication strategies for events, forums and policy submissions.
- Establish systems and safeguards for the appropriate and effective flows of relevant information to and from CARE's staff when required.
Improve the Range of Information Products Available:
- Lead production of CARE’s communication materials including Newsletters, Sector Bulletins, brochures and promotional material.
- Support content generation and the development of targeted communication products on the context in Yemen, targeted at various audiences.
- Coordinate social media (Facebook, blogs, and twitter) content development: gather, edit, and develop content (stories, photos, video) to be posted on the social media platforms, effective responses to inquiries for public information materials
- Manage the webpage of CARE Yemen through ensure regular posting of information; Ensure page is up to date, accurate, compelling; find innovative methods to attract more visitors to online channels.
- Work with Knowledge management specialist to organize learning forums and produce different publications as required, facilitate knowledge building and sharing
- Support CARE staff in enhancing communication capacities.
- Support advocacy campaigns by engaging the media to gain exposure and credibility, managing media sensitivities and risks, and increasing public discussion and fundraising.
- Plan and manage communications in response to both slow- and rapid-onset emergency disaster/relief situations - ensuring that CARE's partners and stakeholders are provided with response situation reports, media opportunities and fundraising content from the field.
- Communicate clearly and in a timely fashion with external audiences, face-to-face, through email and telephone; conferences where appropriate, and other forms;
- Provide support in organizing donor related activities, events, and field visits.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date donor/partners database and proactively avail information of relevant opportunities.
- Establish and update a database of Yemen-based media professional, photographers, videographers, and other NGO press officers for networking and potential partnership, ensure timely response for any media inquiry.
CARE Brand Management:
- Monitor adherence to the brand for all CARE external communications
- Support ensuring that all staff are trained and supported in brand guideline and implementation
- Support team members to ensure that all CARE external communication materials e.g. publications, handouts, brochures, invitations, power point presentations, email invites etc to meet CARE's and donors' branding criteria
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, languages or business administration
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in International Relations, Political Science, Economics or related field, and
- strong data analysis training
- At least 3-5 years of experience in communication and advocacy
- Working experience with INGOs
- Experience in messaging and advocacy
- Experience with use of social media and managing public web content in a professional setting
- Well- organized with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Facilitation, training, and coaching skills
Interested applicants should send a CV and a cover letter (English) by March 24th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Communication Officer’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.