Ended Hygiene Promotion Assistant (2)
Location: 1 Lahj & 1 Al-Dale’a
Reporting to: Hygiene Promotion Officer
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian organization saving and rebuilding lives through health care, training and community development. International Medical Corps works alongside International Medical Corps Worldwide, responding to humanitarian emergencies and communities afflicted by conflict, poverty and natural disaster in more than 20 countries around the world.
JOB SUMMARY/ PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Under the supervision of WASH Manager, the Hygiene Promotion Officer will be responsible for correct delivery and impact of hygiene promotion activities, good participation of target communities and other local stakeholders in close collaboration with Project partners. The Hygiene Promotion Officer will also be responsible for training the community on hygiene and providing feedback for purposes of improving Program quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement hygiene promotion activities in close collaboration with WaSH Engineers and HP team with the guidance of manager
Provide regular reports on hygiene issues and program progress against work plans and program activities.
- Assist in establishing rapports with the beneficiaries and help in sensitizing beneficiaries about various aspects, requirements and information needed to ensure participation in the project’s activities.
- Support the development of hygiene promotion materials
- Ensure distribution of hygiene kits and document good practices.
- Support in the development of Hygiene promotion messages and IEC materials
- Conduct training sessions for partner staff, community based volunteers/ natural leaders, CHVs, and school community.
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure good implementation of hygiene promotion awareness sessions held by staff or community volunteers.
- Supervise and conduct validation of beneficiaries.
- Ensure good archiving and documentation of Hygiene Promotion activities.
- Ensure good and accurate data collection and reporting against project monthly achievement and progresses.
- Supervise activities in the project areas to address key hygiene practices such as focus group discussions, community meetings, campaigns, drama presentation and other relevant approaches.
- Supervise the process of needs assessments, baseline and other periodic studies.
- Ensure that projects are carried out with participation from all relevant stakeholders, including conflict affected people; mainly, children, women and other vulnerable groups such as: people with disabilities, elderly people, people affected by diseases, etc.
- Take part in the coordination process of the integrated WASH approach with engineering staff to ensure that the various aspects of WASH responses are integrated.
- Liaise with FSL, Health and Nutrition teams in order to have an effective multi-sectorial response.
- Arrange and supervise monitoring and evaluation of project activities as agreed in a monitoring and evaluation framework, while ensuring collection of data in timely manner.
- Regular reporting to HP Officer
- Any other tasks assigned to him/her by the HP Officer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher qualification preferably public health
- Past experience in community mobilization and hygiene promotion
- Able to use computer windows and MS Office (Excel, word, etc.).
- Local from Al Dalahe’e and Lahej Governorates and have an extensive knowledge of local geography.
- Can use an email.
- Good motivation writing report.
- Good Communication skills, English communication skills will be an asset.
candidates need to submit their CVs to IMC-YemenHR@internationalmedicalcorps.org and need to “write the title of the position they apply for it” in the "email subject line"
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”